SEVERAL TYPES OF FIREWORKS STILL ILLEGAL IN PALM BEACH COUNTY, FIRST DEGREE MISDEMEANOR
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, perhaps continuing with his theme of skyrocketing and exploding COVID-19 infections in the state, is permitting fireworks on July 4th.
Here’s the catch: they are technically still illegal in Palm Beach County as local municipalities can set “more restrictive” policies. It appears, however, that the county is prepared to look the other way for July 4th and July 4th only.
From the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office early Friday morning, here are a list of fireworks that ARE STILL BANNED and may result in fines or arrest:
Common Bottle Rockets
M80s with Mortar
Launching Rockets With Stands
From PBSO: “You should not sign ‘waivers’ in order to purchase fireworks. A ‘waiver’ will NOT clear you of responsibility should you be caught using illegal fireworks. The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office WILL be enforcing the use of illegal fireworks. Using fireworks illegally is a first degree misdemeanor and punishable by up to one year in jail and a $1000 fine.”
Palm Beach County Fire Rescue is encouraging anyone using fireworks to stay at least 25 feet away from the fireworks, and that children should never, ever be permitted to ignite fireworks or sparklers. Fireworks should only be ignited by a competent adult.
The July 4th exception for fireworks is July 4th only, meaning any fireworks detonated on July 3rd or after 11:59 p.m. Saturday are illegal.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton
- Man Who Claims To Be Worth $27M Again Refuses To Pay Dinner Check
- Lyndsey Kennedy, Found In Delray Drain In March, Now Jailed
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical