COURT RECORDS REVEAL NO CIVIL CASES FILED FOR COVID ISSUES DESPITE SKYROCKETING INFECTIONS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Violating COVID-19 orders in Palm Beach County is seemingly no big deal, despite ominous statements and fine schedules announced by County Commissioners, Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner, and senior Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office representatives.
It appears not one person or business has actually been cited for COVID-19 infractions in Palm Beach County since the mask order went into effect.
There is a “municipal ordinance violation” section of the Palm Beach County Clerk’s database. It is full of panhandling violations, open container violations and parking citations. But a search of the database over the past 30 days reveals not one COVID-19 mask, social distancing or business-related citation issued related to executive orders. We also checked the “non criminal violation” section of the database. There is nothing COVID-related.
Any violation — whether issued by police or another agency would be a civil proceeding with due process. Simply put: it should be filed with the Clerk’s office. Anyone accused of a violation would have the chance to defend themself — or their business — in front of a judge.
As Broward County officials routinely list violators and their fines to make the point that orders are serious and COVID compliance is essential, the lack of action in Palm Beach County raises serious questions about whether the executive orders are flash without substance.
A local police department told BocaNewsNow.com that it is not taking part in the “COVID Education and Compliance” team created by Palm Beach County to patrol, educate and enforce COVID-19 orders. The department’s position: compliance should be left for business inspectors.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected