COURT RECORDS REVEAL NO CIVIL CASES FILED FOR COVID ISSUES DESPITE SKYROCKETING INFECTIONS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Violating COVID-19 orders in Palm Beach County is seemingly no big deal, despite ominous statements and fine schedules announced by County Commissioners, Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner, and senior Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office representatives.
It appears not one person or business has actually been cited for COVID-19 infractions in Palm Beach County since the mask order went into effect.
There is a “municipal ordinance violation” section of the Palm Beach County Clerk’s database. It is full of panhandling violations, open container violations and parking citations. But a search of the database over the past 30 days reveals not one COVID-19 mask, social distancing or business-related citation issued related to executive orders. We also checked the “non criminal violation” section of the database. There is nothing COVID-related.
Any violation — whether issued by police or another agency would be a civil proceeding with due process. Simply put: it should be filed with the Clerk’s office. Anyone accused of a violation would have the chance to defend themself — or their business — in front of a judge.
As Broward County officials routinely list violators and their fines to make the point that orders are serious and COVID compliance is essential, the lack of action in Palm Beach County raises serious questions about whether the executive orders are flash without substance.
A local police department told BocaNewsNow.com that it is not taking part in the “COVID Education and Compliance” team created by Palm Beach County to patrol, educate and enforce COVID-19 orders. The department’s position: compliance should be left for business inspectors.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday