PALM BEACH COUNTY REPORTS 29.1 PERCENT POSITIVE IN KIDS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The just-out “Pediatric Report” from the Florida Department of Health reveals that of all the children tested for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County, 29.1 percent were positive. That is a stunningly high number. The goal for the general population a 10 percent positivity rate.
Palm Beach County LEADS Broward County which reports a 22.4 percent positivity rate in children under 18. Miami-Dade County reports a 29.7 percent positivity rate in children under 18.
By the numbers: In Palm Beach County, 1,083 children under age 18 have tested positive for COVID-19, according to the Florida Department of Health.
Florida Statewide Child Infections
Statewide, there are 3,247 confirmed COVID-19 infections in children 15 to 17 years of age. 54 of these children have been hospitalized.
There are 3,003 confirmed COVID-19 infections in children 10 to 14 years of age. 39 of these children have been hospitalized.
There are 2,520 confirmed COVID-19 infections in children 5 to 9 years of age. 20 of these children have been hospitalized.
There are 1,976 confirmed COVID-19 infections in children 1 to 4 years of age. 36 of these children have been hospitalized.
There are 769 confirmed COVID-19 infections in children under age 1. Of these children, 34 have been hospitalized.
The Florida Department of Health numbers are valid through July 3rd, 2020.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles