PALM BEACH COUNTY REPORTS 29.1 PERCENT POSITIVE IN KIDS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The just-out “Pediatric Report” from the Florida Department of Health reveals that of all the children tested for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County, 29.1 percent were positive. That is a stunningly high number. The goal for the general population a 10 percent positivity rate.
Palm Beach County LEADS Broward County which reports a 22.4 percent positivity rate in children under 18. Miami-Dade County reports a 29.7 percent positivity rate in children under 18.
By the numbers: In Palm Beach County, 1,083 children under age 18 have tested positive for COVID-19, according to the Florida Department of Health.
Florida Statewide Child Infections
Statewide, there are 3,247 confirmed COVID-19 infections in children 15 to 17 years of age. 54 of these children have been hospitalized.
There are 3,003 confirmed COVID-19 infections in children 10 to 14 years of age. 39 of these children have been hospitalized.
There are 2,520 confirmed COVID-19 infections in children 5 to 9 years of age. 20 of these children have been hospitalized.
There are 1,976 confirmed COVID-19 infections in children 1 to 4 years of age. 36 of these children have been hospitalized.
There are 769 confirmed COVID-19 infections in children under age 1. Of these children, 34 have been hospitalized.
The Florida Department of Health numbers are valid through July 3rd, 2020.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?