BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The count of area “pediatric” ICU beds at area hospitals is low, according to “Florida’s Community Coronavirus Dashboard” which reports realtime ICU bed availability from hospitals across the state.
While not a cause for panic, it is a notable metric as Palm Beach County reported a 29.1 percent positive rate for children under age 18 on Saturday. That percent positive is exceptionally high.
The count reveals just 8 pediatric ICU beds among the major hospitals in South Palm Beach County, with 3 hospitals showing no ICU bed availability designated for pediatric cases.
Pediatric ICU Bed Count Availability As Of 4 p.m. Sunday, July 5, 2020:
Bethesda Hospital East: 3 pediatric ICU beds.
Bethesda Hospital West: 0 pediatric ICU beds.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital: 0 pediatric ICU beds.
Delray Beach Medical Center: 0 pediatric ICU beds.
West Boca Medical Center: 5 pediatric ICU beds.
The Florida Community Coronavirus Dashboard is maintained by Rebekah Jones. Jones was Florida’s lead data scientist until she was fired by Governor Ron DeSantis who publicly stated she wasn’t following orders. Jones say the “order” was to suppress COVID-19 data. Jones has raised more than $200,000 through GoFundMe for the dashboard.
BocaNewsNow.com asked a major hospital chain if Jones’ hospital reporting is inaccurate. A senior hospital representative could not point to flaws in the data.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days