TRUMP IS CORRECT. IF YOU DON’T TEST, YOU DON’T FIND INFECTIONS. FLORIDA ADDS 6,327 NEW CASES AS CENTERS CLOSED FOR THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida added 6,327 new COVID-19 cases through Sunday 11:59 p.m., confirming that closing testing sites for the holiday weekend would lead to a dramatic reduction in “positive” tests for Coronavirus. Hospital testing and mail-in testing from companies like “LabCorp” continued.
The percent positive in Florida, despite reduced testing, didn’t change — moving only from 15.04 percent on July 4th to 14.97 percent on July 5th. Official numbers are released the day after they are logged. Monday’s numbers represent tests logged by health officials on Sunday.
Simply put: there is no change in the spread of COVID-19.
In Palm Beach County, the percent positive actually increased despite a reduction in testing. The July 4th percent positive was 13.9. The July 5th percent positive was 14.2.
Palm Beach County added an additional 401 COVID-19 positive tests to the books on July 5th. Those tests are the numbers released on Monday.
An interesting chart to review is the chart below. Just released by the health department, it shows what can best described as the “why did you go to the hospital?” report. This chart, specifically for Palm Beach County, is updated once a week. The June 28th report is the most recent and was just released on Monday, July 6th.
There are now at least 206,447 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 3,778 resident deaths. In Palm Beach County, the infection count is at least 17,242 with 543 deaths.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BOCA: Man Attempts To Carjack Rolls Royce, And Take Owner’s Girlfriend
- Boca Raton Police Jail Man For Carjacking, Kidnapping
- It’s HOA Budget Time, Let Us Know If Anything Is Questionable, Illegal, Scandalous
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill
- HOSPITAL FEARS: Now 292 Hospitalized In Palm Beach County For COVID, Florida Availability Drops
- FLORIDA OFFICIALLY LOGS ONE MILLION COVID CASES AS GOVERNOR SAYS MASKS DON’T WORK
- Gang Members Arrested, Firearms And Heroin Seized In Joint Broward, Boca Raton, Federal Operation
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: CARES Act Application Deadline Extended
- Florida Receives Additional $28M In Cares Act Funding, Help For Unemployed