TRUMP IS CORRECT. IF YOU DON’T TEST, YOU DON’T FIND INFECTIONS. FLORIDA ADDS 6,327 NEW CASES AS CENTERS CLOSED FOR THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida added 6,327 new COVID-19 cases through Sunday 11:59 p.m., confirming that closing testing sites for the holiday weekend would lead to a dramatic reduction in “positive” tests for Coronavirus. Hospital testing and mail-in testing from companies like “LabCorp” continued.
The percent positive in Florida, despite reduced testing, didn’t change — moving only from 15.04 percent on July 4th to 14.97 percent on July 5th. Official numbers are released the day after they are logged. Monday’s numbers represent tests logged by health officials on Sunday.
Simply put: there is no change in the spread of COVID-19.
In Palm Beach County, the percent positive actually increased despite a reduction in testing. The July 4th percent positive was 13.9. The July 5th percent positive was 14.2.
Palm Beach County added an additional 401 COVID-19 positive tests to the books on July 5th. Those tests are the numbers released on Monday.
An interesting chart to review is the chart below. Just released by the health department, it shows what can best described as the “why did you go to the hospital?” report. This chart, specifically for Palm Beach County, is updated once a week. The June 28th report is the most recent and was just released on Monday, July 6th.
There are now at least 206,447 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 3,778 resident deaths. In Palm Beach County, the infection count is at least 17,242 with 543 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path