BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A 3-year-old boy, a 4-year-old boy, a 6-year-old boy, an 8-year-old girl, and a 9-year-old girl are among the latest Palm Beach County residents testing positive for COVID-19.
Of tests logged as “positive for COVID-19” on July 3rd and 4th, several were children between the ages of 0 and 10. None — according to the Florida Department of Health — appear to be “travel related infections,” meaning COVID-19 was spread locally.
As BocaNewsNow.com reported Sunday, the percent positive of child infections in Palm Beach County is now approaching 30 percent — an extremely high number. The stated goal for counties in South Florida — Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade — is to stay below 10 percent.
Broward County’s pediatric percent positive is now 22.4 percent. Miami-Dade is 29.7 percent. Palm Beach County’s pediatric percent positive is 29.1 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLYING TODAY? JetBlue, United, Southwest All Reporting Delays Out Of Fort Lauderdale
- WEATHER: Stunning Days Ahead For Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- OMICRON: No Mask Change, Yet, For Palm Beach Schools
- SIRENS: Car Crashes At SunPass Building, Several Fall In Boca West, Pot Burns At Kings Point
- Boynton Man Who Allegedly Stole Kid’s College Fund Demands Article Removal, Not Happening
- Multiple High Priority Violations For Boca Raton Italian Restaurant
- SIRENS: Car Burns In Mizner Country Club, Car Crashes In Kings Point, Person Drunk In Publix
- Fort Lauderdale Airport: Parking Back To Normal, Garages Open Again
- Boca Raton Woman Missing, Police Ask For Tips