BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A 3-year-old boy, a 4-year-old boy, a 6-year-old boy, an 8-year-old girl, and a 9-year-old girl are among the latest Palm Beach County residents testing positive for COVID-19.
Of tests logged as “positive for COVID-19” on July 3rd and 4th, several were children between the ages of 0 and 10. None — according to the Florida Department of Health — appear to be “travel related infections,” meaning COVID-19 was spread locally.
As BocaNewsNow.com reported Sunday, the percent positive of child infections in Palm Beach County is now approaching 30 percent — an extremely high number. The stated goal for counties in South Florida — Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade — is to stay below 10 percent.
Broward County’s pediatric percent positive is now 22.4 percent. Miami-Dade is 29.7 percent. Palm Beach County’s pediatric percent positive is 29.1 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects