BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The percent positive rate in Florida has risen to its highest level in two weeks — 16.27 percent, based on Monday’s testing results released Tuesday mid-day.
Florida added 7,361 new cases on Monday. Keeping in mind that results take a few days to report, Tuesday’s “new infection” count is still showing the impact of reduced testing over the July 4th holiday weekend.
In Palm Beach County, 383 new cases were added as the percent positive rate rose to 15.5. It was 14.1-percent on Sunday.
In fact, the percent positive in Palm Beach County has risen each day for the past six days. It was 12.6 percent on July 1st.
There are now at least 17,638 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with a death count of at least 563.
Statewide, 213,794 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Florida. The statewide death count is at least 3.841.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- As Trump Moves To Florida, COVID Infections, Deaths Rise
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine System Didn’t Crash, More Available Friday
- PUBLIX COVID VACCINE: Palm Beach County Seniors Call System “Disaster”
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Laundromat Blaze
- PUBLIX COVID SHOTS: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Palm Beach School District Nears 1800 COVID Cases
- ALOHA FOOD SHACK: Palm Beach County To Investigate COVID Violations
- DARWINISM: Motorcyclist Pops A Wheelie, Hits Boca Man, Dies
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Jumps