BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Barring a miracle cure that eliminates COVID-19 from Palm Beach County, the 2020-2021 school year will assuredly start with distance learning only.
The Palm Beach County School Board during Wednesday’s workshop agreed — pending a vote next week — that school will open with only online education. The school board was presented with a series of opening options for the 2020-2021 school year — the only feasible option is distance learning.
While the decision will officially be announced on July 15th, there is no chance, based on comments from Superintendent Dr. Donald Fennoy, all seven school board members, and the document which you can download below, that “in person” learning will be taking place.
The first day of school is currently August 10th. .
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month