BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Barring a miracle cure that eliminates COVID-19 from Palm Beach County, the 2020-2021 school year will assuredly start with distance learning only.
The Palm Beach County School Board during Wednesday’s workshop agreed — pending a vote next week — that school will open with only online education. The school board was presented with a series of opening options for the 2020-2021 school year — the only feasible option is distance learning.
While the decision will officially be announced on July 15th, there is no chance, based on comments from Superintendent Dr. Donald Fennoy, all seven school board members, and the document which you can download below, that “in person” learning will be taking place.
The first day of school is currently August 10th. .
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton