BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Barring a miracle cure that eliminates COVID-19 from Palm Beach County, the 2020-2021 school year will assuredly start with distance learning only.
The Palm Beach County School Board during Wednesday’s workshop agreed — pending a vote next week — that school will open with only online education. The school board was presented with a series of opening options for the 2020-2021 school year — the only feasible option is distance learning.
While the decision will officially be announced on July 15th, there is no chance, based on comments from Superintendent Dr. Donald Fennoy, all seven school board members, and the document which you can download below, that “in person” learning will be taking place.
The first day of school is currently August 10th. .
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools