IT IS UNCLEAR IF PALM BEACH COUNTY IS ACTUALLY INVESTIGATING COVID COMPLAINTS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County may be responsible for some of its own problems when it comes to soaring COVID-19 infection numbers, a high percent positivity and a complete and total disregard of facial covering orders by many.
While neighboring Broward County has created a dashboard revealing complaints about businesses violating COVID-19 mandates and what Broward County officials did to resolve the problem, Palm Beach County is apparently doing nothing.
The Broward County dashboard reveals the date of complaint, the nature of the complaint, whether the complaint was valid, and a disposition for the complaint. But Palm Beach County — which Mayor David Kerner said is focused on “education” when it comes to violators — may be playing the part of the nice guy to its own demise.
BocaNewsNow.com has repeatedly asked area police departments and other agencies for infraction data. Local agencies say it’s up to the county. We have heard nothing from Palm Beach County when we’ve asked for a list of violations — or alleged violations — within the Palm Beach County limits. The Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts shows NO tickets or civil violations issued for COVID-19 related violations.
There’s a phone number and an email address to file complaints, but a test complaint that we filed generated no response or tracking number.
The “COVID-19 Eduction and Compliance Team” has a great name, but there’s no indication that the team has actually done anything. There’s a phone number and an email address to file complaints, but a test complaint that we filed generated no response or tracking number.
We again reached out to Palm Beach County officials for a response. We’ll update if we receive any information.
Here’s the Broward County tracking site.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects