IT IS UNCLEAR IF PALM BEACH COUNTY IS ACTUALLY INVESTIGATING COVID COMPLAINTS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County may be responsible for some of its own problems when it comes to soaring COVID-19 infection numbers, a high percent positivity and a complete and total disregard of facial covering orders by many.
While neighboring Broward County has created a dashboard revealing complaints about businesses violating COVID-19 mandates and what Broward County officials did to resolve the problem, Palm Beach County is apparently doing nothing.
The Broward County dashboard reveals the date of complaint, the nature of the complaint, whether the complaint was valid, and a disposition for the complaint. But Palm Beach County — which Mayor David Kerner said is focused on “education” when it comes to violators — may be playing the part of the nice guy to its own demise.
BocaNewsNow.com has repeatedly asked area police departments and other agencies for infraction data. Local agencies say it’s up to the county. We have heard nothing from Palm Beach County when we’ve asked for a list of violations — or alleged violations — within the Palm Beach County limits. The Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts shows NO tickets or civil violations issued for COVID-19 related violations.
There’s a phone number and an email address to file complaints, but a test complaint that we filed generated no response or tracking number.
The “COVID-19 Eduction and Compliance Team” has a great name, but there’s no indication that the team has actually done anything. There’s a phone number and an email address to file complaints, but a test complaint that we filed generated no response or tracking number.
We again reached out to Palm Beach County officials for a response. We’ll update if we receive any information.
Here’s the Broward County tracking site.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton