BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The precent of tests logged as “positive” for COVID-19 through 11:59 Wednesday night in Florida is now 18.39. That’s the highest percent positivity rate in Florida since at least June 25th.
In Palm Beach County, the percent positivity rate rose nearly a full point from Wednesday. Based on tests logged through 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Palm Beach County is showing a 14.2 percent positivity rate.
Vice President Mike Pence’s claim Wednesday that Florida’s percent positive was leveling off was incorrect.
The Florida Department of Health says 8,935 new COVID-19 cases were added Statewide on Wednesday (and released Thursday), with 120 Florida resident deaths.
Palm Beach County added 421 confirmed positive COVID-19 cases on Wednesday,.
The current Palm Beach County total: at least 18,656 COVID-19 infections with 578 deaths.
Florida statewide now reports 232,718 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 4,009 resident deaths and 102 non-resident deaths. At least 17,167 people have been hospitalized for COVID-19 related issues in Florida since monitoring began.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases