BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The precent of tests logged as “positive” for COVID-19 through 11:59 Wednesday night in Florida is now 18.39. That’s the highest percent positivity rate in Florida since at least June 25th.
In Palm Beach County, the percent positivity rate rose nearly a full point from Wednesday. Based on tests logged through 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Palm Beach County is showing a 14.2 percent positivity rate.
Vice President Mike Pence’s claim Wednesday that Florida’s percent positive was leveling off was incorrect.
The Florida Department of Health says 8,935 new COVID-19 cases were added Statewide on Wednesday (and released Thursday), with 120 Florida resident deaths.
Palm Beach County added 421 confirmed positive COVID-19 cases on Wednesday,.
The current Palm Beach County total: at least 18,656 COVID-19 infections with 578 deaths.
Florida statewide now reports 232,718 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 4,009 resident deaths and 102 non-resident deaths. At least 17,167 people have been hospitalized for COVID-19 related issues in Florida since monitoring began.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Another South Florida Resident Guilty For January 6th Insurrection At Capitol
- Boca Raton Teacher To Be “Un-Fired” As School Board Rescinds Termination
- We Know What A Woman Tried To Steal From Macy’s Boca Raton
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- Weather: Back To The 50’s This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police