BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The precent of tests logged as “positive” for COVID-19 through 11:59 Wednesday night in Florida is now 18.39. That’s the highest percent positivity rate in Florida since at least June 25th.
In Palm Beach County, the percent positivity rate rose nearly a full point from Wednesday. Based on tests logged through 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Palm Beach County is showing a 14.2 percent positivity rate.
Vice President Mike Pence’s claim Wednesday that Florida’s percent positive was leveling off was incorrect.
The Florida Department of Health says 8,935 new COVID-19 cases were added Statewide on Wednesday (and released Thursday), with 120 Florida resident deaths.
Palm Beach County added 421 confirmed positive COVID-19 cases on Wednesday,.
The current Palm Beach County total: at least 18,656 COVID-19 infections with 578 deaths.
Florida statewide now reports 232,718 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 4,009 resident deaths and 102 non-resident deaths. At least 17,167 people have been hospitalized for COVID-19 related issues in Florida since monitoring began.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low
- P.F. Chang’s In Boca Raton Cited Again By Health Inspector, Twice In Days
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT: Parking Situation So Bad, Drivers Told To Use Ride Share
- ARMED ROBBERY ON YAMATO ROAD IN BOCA RATON
- POLICE REMIND: If Fireworks Banned In Your HOA, They Are Still Banned On July 4th
- Palm Beach County Woman To Federal Prison For Sober Home Scheme
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Disturbances Still Being Watched, Florida Okay For Now
- Boca West Sues Several Homeowners, We Have The List
- JULY 4th: City Of Boca Raton Releases ”Fabulous” Event Schedule