BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The precent of tests logged as “positive” for COVID-19 through 11:59 Wednesday night in Florida is now 18.39. That’s the highest percent positivity rate in Florida since at least June 25th.
In Palm Beach County, the percent positivity rate rose nearly a full point from Wednesday. Based on tests logged through 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Palm Beach County is showing a 14.2 percent positivity rate.
Vice President Mike Pence’s claim Wednesday that Florida’s percent positive was leveling off was incorrect.
The Florida Department of Health says 8,935 new COVID-19 cases were added Statewide on Wednesday (and released Thursday), with 120 Florida resident deaths.
Palm Beach County added 421 confirmed positive COVID-19 cases on Wednesday,.
The current Palm Beach County total: at least 18,656 COVID-19 infections with 578 deaths.
Florida statewide now reports 232,718 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 4,009 resident deaths and 102 non-resident deaths. At least 17,167 people have been hospitalized for COVID-19 related issues in Florida since monitoring began.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday