No Enforcement In Palm Beach International Airport, Passengers On Delta Flight Ignore Flight Attendant Orders
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com was on board a Delta flight Wednesday night where flight attendants continuously had to remind passengers to not just wear masks, but wear masks over their noses.
One passenger — the man seen above — was told multiple times by the flight crew to wear his mask, but he removed his mask repeatedly after flight attendants walked by. Like a kid in school hiding candy, the man covered his mouth with his hand, turned his head away from flight attendants, and spent much of the flight trying to not get caught. He kept his mask around his neck, but not over his mouth and nose. When the plane landed, despite an order to keep masks on — per Palm Beach County executive order — he removed it to make phone calls. Anyone else making phone calls did so with their masks on.
Delta Airlines couldn’t be more adamant. You are required to wear a mask at all times on board unless you have a medical authorization approved prior to flight.
During flight, several passengers insisted on wearing their masks beneath their noses — negating the purpose of wearing a mask at all.
The observations follow our post earlier in the week on passengers at PBI — Palm Beach International Airport — also not wearing masks, despite the Palm Beach County order requiring them to do so. While small signs announcing the order are posted, no airport personnel patrol the airport to enforce the mask order.
The lack of enforcement raises questions about just how seriously Palm Beach County is in not just enforcing the executive order, but alerting inbound passengers to Palm Beach County that a mask mandate is in effect.
The lack of enforcement raises questions about just how seriously Palm Beach County is in not just enforcing the executive order, but alerting inbound passengers to the county that a mask mandate is in effect.
There are now 18,231 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County, as of 8 a.m. Thursday, July 9, 2020.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low