BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca-based Grey Enterprises, which operates an Amazon.com storefront called “Purchase Direct PD,” is suing a disgruntled customer — claiming her bad review and complaints to Amazon and the Better Business Bureau cost it $1.1M.
According to the “slander and libel” lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Grey Enterprises asserts that it “sells, among other things, authentic Movado watches purchased for re-sale through as authorized Movado-distributor.” (sic).
Here’s the key:
“On or about December 27, 2019, Defendant published knowingly falls statements that the watch did not have a “manufacturer warranty” as it was supposed to, that “the last two erika numbers have been altered,” that “the glass on the watch was mineral glass and not what was advertised as sapphire crystal,” and that she took the watch to a “jeweler” who questioned its authenticity.”
The customer complained to Amazon and created a Better Business Bureau case file. Grey Enterprises says the complaints are “false,” although Amazon took action.
“As a result of Defendant’s false claims that PurchaseDirect PD sold inauthentic watches, PurchaseDirectPD’s sales through amazon.com plummeted from $1,073,317.46 in 2019 to $0 by January 2020. As a result of Defendant’s false claims that PurchaseDirect PD sold inauthentic watches, Amazon also suspended PurchaseDirect PD’s ability to sell through the amazon.com platform.”
Read the complete lawsuit by downloading it, below.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County