BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca-based Grey Enterprises, which operates an Amazon.com storefront called “Purchase Direct PD,” is suing a disgruntled customer — claiming her bad review and complaints to Amazon and the Better Business Bureau cost it $1.1M.
According to the “slander and libel” lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Grey Enterprises asserts that it “sells, among other things, authentic Movado watches purchased for re-sale through as authorized Movado-distributor.” (sic).
Here’s the key:
“On or about December 27, 2019, Defendant published knowingly falls statements that the watch did not have a “manufacturer warranty” as it was supposed to, that “the last two erika numbers have been altered,” that “the glass on the watch was mineral glass and not what was advertised as sapphire crystal,” and that she took the watch to a “jeweler” who questioned its authenticity.”
The customer complained to Amazon and created a Better Business Bureau case file. Grey Enterprises says the complaints are “false,” although Amazon took action.
“As a result of Defendant’s false claims that PurchaseDirect PD sold inauthentic watches, PurchaseDirectPD’s sales through amazon.com plummeted from $1,073,317.46 in 2019 to $0 by January 2020. As a result of Defendant’s false claims that PurchaseDirect PD sold inauthentic watches, Amazon also suspended PurchaseDirect PD’s ability to sell through the amazon.com platform.”
Read the complete lawsuit by downloading it, below.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Driver Allegedly Responsible For Killing Six In Delray Crash Cited In May By Police
- FLIGHT CANCELLED: Airlines Cancelling Flights Into, Out Of Florida
- New COVID Problems In Palm Beach County Schools
- KEEP YOUR PETS WARM: Palm Beach County Issues Guide For Pending Chill
- UPDATE: SIX DEAD IN WEST DELRAY BEACH CRASH
- At Least Two Killed In Crash At 441 And Atlantic Avenue Overnight
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…