BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca-based Grey Enterprises, which operates an Amazon.com storefront called “Purchase Direct PD,” is suing a disgruntled customer — claiming her bad review and complaints to Amazon and the Better Business Bureau cost it $1.1M.
According to the “slander and libel” lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Grey Enterprises asserts that it “sells, among other things, authentic Movado watches purchased for re-sale through as authorized Movado-distributor.” (sic).
Here’s the key:
“On or about December 27, 2019, Defendant published knowingly falls statements that the watch did not have a “manufacturer warranty” as it was supposed to, that “the last two erika numbers have been altered,” that “the glass on the watch was mineral glass and not what was advertised as sapphire crystal,” and that she took the watch to a “jeweler” who questioned its authenticity.”
The customer complained to Amazon and created a Better Business Bureau case file. Grey Enterprises says the complaints are “false,” although Amazon took action.
“As a result of Defendant’s false claims that PurchaseDirect PD sold inauthentic watches, PurchaseDirectPD’s sales through amazon.com plummeted from $1,073,317.46 in 2019 to $0 by January 2020. As a result of Defendant’s false claims that PurchaseDirect PD sold inauthentic watches, Amazon also suspended PurchaseDirect PD’s ability to sell through the amazon.com platform.”
Read the complete lawsuit by downloading it, below.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CLOSED: Gas Pipeline Erupts, Detours Near Lake Worth
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID