BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca-based Grey Enterprises, which operates an Amazon.com storefront called “Purchase Direct PD,” is suing a disgruntled customer — claiming her bad review and complaints to Amazon and the Better Business Bureau cost it $1.1M.
According to the “slander and libel” lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Grey Enterprises asserts that it “sells, among other things, authentic Movado watches purchased for re-sale through as authorized Movado-distributor.” (sic).
Here’s the key:
“On or about December 27, 2019, Defendant published knowingly falls statements that the watch did not have a “manufacturer warranty” as it was supposed to, that “the last two erika numbers have been altered,” that “the glass on the watch was mineral glass and not what was advertised as sapphire crystal,” and that she took the watch to a “jeweler” who questioned its authenticity.”
The customer complained to Amazon and created a Better Business Bureau case file. Grey Enterprises says the complaints are “false,” although Amazon took action.
“As a result of Defendant’s false claims that PurchaseDirect PD sold inauthentic watches, PurchaseDirectPD’s sales through amazon.com plummeted from $1,073,317.46 in 2019 to $0 by January 2020. As a result of Defendant’s false claims that PurchaseDirect PD sold inauthentic watches, Amazon also suspended PurchaseDirect PD’s ability to sell through the amazon.com platform.”
Read the complete lawsuit by downloading it, below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam To Rapidly Intensify, Now Southeast Of Florida
- Dropbox Calls Police On Boca Raton Man, Says He Uploaded Illegal Images
- CRAZY FLORIDA? Here’s The Official Language Blocking Kid COVID Quarantines
- FEDS: Local Women Spent $100K On Cosmetics In Credit Card Scam
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida