BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca-based Grey Enterprises, which operates an Amazon.com storefront called “Purchase Direct PD,” is suing a disgruntled customer — claiming her bad review and complaints to Amazon and the Better Business Bureau cost it $1.1M.
According to the “slander and libel” lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Grey Enterprises asserts that it “sells, among other things, authentic Movado watches purchased for re-sale through as authorized Movado-distributor.” (sic).
Here’s the key:
“On or about December 27, 2019, Defendant published knowingly falls statements that the watch did not have a “manufacturer warranty” as it was supposed to, that “the last two erika numbers have been altered,” that “the glass on the watch was mineral glass and not what was advertised as sapphire crystal,” and that she took the watch to a “jeweler” who questioned its authenticity.”
The customer complained to Amazon and created a Better Business Bureau case file. Grey Enterprises says the complaints are “false,” although Amazon took action.
“As a result of Defendant’s false claims that PurchaseDirect PD sold inauthentic watches, PurchaseDirectPD’s sales through amazon.com plummeted from $1,073,317.46 in 2019 to $0 by January 2020. As a result of Defendant’s false claims that PurchaseDirect PD sold inauthentic watches, Amazon also suspended PurchaseDirect PD’s ability to sell through the amazon.com platform.”
Read the complete lawsuit by downloading it, below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BUILDING COLLAPSE: List Of Everyone Who Owns In Champlain Towers
- Man Critically Injured At Boca Raton Wyndham Hotel, Sues
- MIAMI BEACH CONDO COLLAPSE: Rumors Spreading, Officials Say “Stop”
- National Hurricane Center: Tropical Depression Likely To Form
- I-95 In Boca Raton To Close Overnight Tonight
- Second DUI Arrest In Three Months For Boca’s Brooklyn Berman
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wave Watching Continues, Another Expected To Form
- Delray Beach Father And Son Charged In Boynton Shooting, Witness Threat