FLORIDA DEATHS INCREASE BY 45 IN LATEST REPORT. PERCENT POSITIVITY DROPS SLIGHTLY.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The State of Florida just added the largest single day number of new COVID-19 cases — of any state — ever.
The Florida Department of Health says 15,299 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Saturday through 11:59 p.m. Florida also added 45 deaths on Saturday.
In Palm Beach County, another record — or near record –was set with the addition of 1,166 new COVID-19 cases. Palm Beach County added 12 new deaths on Saturday.
The good news — if there is any — is in the one-day percent positivity rate. Keep in mind, this number has been up and down on a daily basis with no stability. The Florida percent positivity rate for Saturday is 13.62. In Palm Beach County, it’s 10.6. This is the first time in nearly two weeks that the percent positivity has been anywhere near the target of 10 percent or lower.
There are now at least 169,811 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count as of 11:59 p.m. Saturday is 4,346.
Im Palm Beach County: at least 21,018 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count, through 11:59 p.m. Saturday, is 606. Twelve deaths were recorded in Palm Beach County on Saturday.
In Boca Raton, at least 2,511 people have tested positive for COVID-19. In Boynton Beach, the infection count is 1,826. The Delray Beach infection count is 1,375. These are “city” numbers and do not include residents of “unincorporated” parts of Palm Beach County that may use Delray, Boynton and Boca Raton addresses.
(ED. NOTE: Florida is “officially” calling today’s new infection count 15,300, however, the tally from Florida Dept. of Health data is actually 15,299).
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASSIVE JUMP: Palm Beach County Schools Now Report 829 COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Center Sues High End Clothing Shop Over $119,000 In Back Rent
- FLORIDA WEATHER: Cold In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, South Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER