FLORIDA DEATHS INCREASE BY 45 IN LATEST REPORT. PERCENT POSITIVITY DROPS SLIGHTLY.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The State of Florida just added the largest single day number of new COVID-19 cases — of any state — ever.
The Florida Department of Health says 15,299 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Saturday through 11:59 p.m. Florida also added 45 deaths on Saturday.
In Palm Beach County, another record — or near record –was set with the addition of 1,166 new COVID-19 cases. Palm Beach County added 12 new deaths on Saturday.
The good news — if there is any — is in the one-day percent positivity rate. Keep in mind, this number has been up and down on a daily basis with no stability. The Florida percent positivity rate for Saturday is 13.62. In Palm Beach County, it’s 10.6. This is the first time in nearly two weeks that the percent positivity has been anywhere near the target of 10 percent or lower.
There are now at least 169,811 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count as of 11:59 p.m. Saturday is 4,346.
Im Palm Beach County: at least 21,018 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count, through 11:59 p.m. Saturday, is 606. Twelve deaths were recorded in Palm Beach County on Saturday.
In Boca Raton, at least 2,511 people have tested positive for COVID-19. In Boynton Beach, the infection count is 1,826. The Delray Beach infection count is 1,375. These are “city” numbers and do not include residents of “unincorporated” parts of Palm Beach County that may use Delray, Boynton and Boca Raton addresses.
(ED. NOTE: Florida is “officially” calling today’s new infection count 15,300, however, the tally from Florida Dept. of Health data is actually 15,299).
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Missing Child Found In Broward County, Reunited With Family
- RODENT DROPPINGS AT ANTHONY’S COAL FIRED PIZZA LEADS TO FORCED CLOSURE
- REMINDER: School Boundary Meeting Tonight, Middle, High School Students May Be Moving
- Noah Galle, Parents, Sued Again After Crash Leaves Six Dead in Delray Beach
- City Of Boca Raton Street Parade Tonight, Roads Will Close
- Prosecutors Drop Case Against Boca Raton’s Michael Civitella
- Woman Arrested For DUI IN Mizner Country Club Delray Beach
- New School Next Year For Your Palm Beach County High School Student?
- Have You Seen Anthony? He Is Missing From North Broward County