BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health added 12,343 confirmed cases of COVID-19 to the books on Sunday through 11:59 p.m., bringing the weekend total to 27,626.
The percent positivity rate for the State of Florida moved back up — it’s now 11.4 percent based on Sunday’s numbers.
In Palm Beach County, 776 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Sunday through 11:59 p.m. The percent positivity for Sunday also rose to 11 percent. It has run from 10.6 to 15.7 over the past two weeks.
If there is any good news at all, look at the charts, below. While somewhat contradictory, the weekly count of Emergency Room visits for influenza and COVID-19 illness is trending down in Palm Beach County, BUT, the daily percent of emergency room admissions where cough, fever, shortness of breath are mentioned is up, as is the daily percent of emergency room visits resulting in “cough associated admissions.”
The daily death count is pending — we’ll update when the official numbers are released by the State of Florida.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tropical Depression Forms East Of Florida As Another System Starts To Develop
- Delray Beach Man Charged With DUI Minutes After Leaving Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting
- HURRICANE CENTER: Depression Forming East Of Florida As Ophelia Moves Up Coast
- Body Found In Boca Gardens Blaze, One Person Dead
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Another Resident Arrested, Jailed From Delray Beach Home
- ALERT: Brightline Strikes Pedestrian In Delray Beach, Expect Traffic Issues
- Postal Worker Robbed At Gunpoint In West Boca Raton, Investigation Continues
- Realtor Sues Boca Raton Woman Who Refuses To Sell Her Home
- Palm Beach County Resident Guilty Of Fentanyl Distribution, Federal Prison