BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health added 12,343 confirmed cases of COVID-19 to the books on Sunday through 11:59 p.m., bringing the weekend total to 27,626.
The percent positivity rate for the State of Florida moved back up — it’s now 11.4 percent based on Sunday’s numbers.
In Palm Beach County, 776 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Sunday through 11:59 p.m. The percent positivity for Sunday also rose to 11 percent. It has run from 10.6 to 15.7 over the past two weeks.
If there is any good news at all, look at the charts, below. While somewhat contradictory, the weekly count of Emergency Room visits for influenza and COVID-19 illness is trending down in Palm Beach County, BUT, the daily percent of emergency room admissions where cough, fever, shortness of breath are mentioned is up, as is the daily percent of emergency room visits resulting in “cough associated admissions.”
The daily death count is pending — we’ll update when the official numbers are released by the State of Florida.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens