BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health added 12,343 confirmed cases of COVID-19 to the books on Sunday through 11:59 p.m., bringing the weekend total to 27,626.
The percent positivity rate for the State of Florida moved back up — it’s now 11.4 percent based on Sunday’s numbers.
In Palm Beach County, 776 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Sunday through 11:59 p.m. The percent positivity for Sunday also rose to 11 percent. It has run from 10.6 to 15.7 over the past two weeks.
If there is any good news at all, look at the charts, below. While somewhat contradictory, the weekly count of Emergency Room visits for influenza and COVID-19 illness is trending down in Palm Beach County, BUT, the daily percent of emergency room admissions where cough, fever, shortness of breath are mentioned is up, as is the daily percent of emergency room visits resulting in “cough associated admissions.”
The daily death count is pending — we’ll update when the official numbers are released by the State of Florida.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?