BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health added 12,343 confirmed cases of COVID-19 to the books on Sunday through 11:59 p.m., bringing the weekend total to 27,626.
The percent positivity rate for the State of Florida moved back up — it’s now 11.4 percent based on Sunday’s numbers.
In Palm Beach County, 776 new COVID-19 cases were logged on Sunday through 11:59 p.m. The percent positivity for Sunday also rose to 11 percent. It has run from 10.6 to 15.7 over the past two weeks.
If there is any good news at all, look at the charts, below. While somewhat contradictory, the weekly count of Emergency Room visits for influenza and COVID-19 illness is trending down in Palm Beach County, BUT, the daily percent of emergency room admissions where cough, fever, shortness of breath are mentioned is up, as is the daily percent of emergency room visits resulting in “cough associated admissions.”
The daily death count is pending — we’ll update when the official numbers are released by the State of Florida.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FAU Presents Virtual Dance Concert
- COVID: Palm Beach County ER Visits Increasing
- Palm Beach County Voting: Nearly Half Of Eligible Voters Have Already Voted
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis
- Palm Beach Schools: 209 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Raton’s Ruben Uraga Jailed, Is Sex Offender
- APOLOGY: William Latson, Fired Spanish River High Principal, Says Not Holocaust Denier
- COVID FLORIDA BAD: Palm Beach Positivity Tops 8 Percent, 4289 New Cases in State