DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The burning house — at 26 SW 4th Avenue — was supposed to be vacant, but there was a a dead body inside. Now, state and local detectives are working to determine who died, who set the fire, and whether the person was alive before the fire ignited.
From Delray Beach Police:
Delray Beach police are conducting a death investigation. At 6:16 a.m., Delray Beach firefighters responded to a fire at an abandoned home (26 S.W. 4th Avenue). While police and firefighters were on scene, a deceased woman was found inside the home. She was taken to the medical examiner’s office to determine the cause of death. The State Fire Marshal is conducting an investigation at the home.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community
- Palm Beach School District Adds Nearly 500 Cases Since Break