DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The burning house — at 26 SW 4th Avenue — was supposed to be vacant, but there was a a dead body inside. Now, state and local detectives are working to determine who died, who set the fire, and whether the person was alive before the fire ignited.
From Delray Beach Police:
Delray Beach police are conducting a death investigation. At 6:16 a.m., Delray Beach firefighters responded to a fire at an abandoned home (26 S.W. 4th Avenue). While police and firefighters were on scene, a deceased woman was found inside the home. She was taken to the medical examiner’s office to determine the cause of death. The State Fire Marshal is conducting an investigation at the home.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton
- BREAKING: Florida Turnpike Closed At Glades Road
- FLORIDA COVID POSITIVITY SOARS: Highest In Weeks, Infection Cases Pass 760,000
- South Florida Postal Worker Charged With Stealing Vote By Mail Ballot
- TROPICAL STORM EPSILON: Growing East Of Florida, Hurricane Strength Expected
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Now 118 COVID-19 Infections
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic