DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The burning house — at 26 SW 4th Avenue — was supposed to be vacant, but there was a a dead body inside. Now, state and local detectives are working to determine who died, who set the fire, and whether the person was alive before the fire ignited.
From Delray Beach Police:
Delray Beach police are conducting a death investigation. At 6:16 a.m., Delray Beach firefighters responded to a fire at an abandoned home (26 S.W. 4th Avenue). While police and firefighters were on scene, a deceased woman was found inside the home. She was taken to the medical examiner’s office to determine the cause of death. The State Fire Marshal is conducting an investigation at the home.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested