PALM BEACH COUNTY HITS TWO WEEK PERCENT POSITIVITY HIGH
FLORIDA MAY PASS 300,000 COVID-19 CASES LATER TUESDAY
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The State of Florida added 9,261 new cases on Monday through 11:59 p.m., according to the Florida Dept. of Health. The percent positivity rate rose to 15.02, putting a full stop to claims made by those who said the percent positivity in Florida had stabilized.
In Palm Beach County, 471 new COVID-19 cases were added to the books on Monday through 11:59 p.m., and the percent positivity jumped to its highest level in two weeks — 16-percent. That spike was announced a day before the Palm Beach County School Board is set to vote on the the official “reopening plan” that will affect 180,000 students and parents.
There were 13 new deaths in Palm Beach County recorded on Monday bring the Palm Beach County death count to 624. Statewide, 132 deaths were added bring Florida’s death count to 4,409. The new death count is a record.
There are now at least 22,279 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County. Statewide, there are at least 291,629 confirmed cases — it is likely that Florida will pass 300,000 cases when today’s positive test results are released tomorrow.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID FLORIDA: State Adds Another 7179 Cases In One Day, Positivity Climbs
- REMINDER: No School Friday In Palm Beach County School District
- GETTING SICKER: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Rising
- Child Attacked At School, Palm Beach County School Board Sued
- PROSECUTORS: Killed Palm Beach County Fire Captain Was Drug Dealer
- Boca Raton’s Richard Marcic Charged With Battery On Officer
- COVID PALM BEACH COUNTY: Hospital Count Rising
- Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach: Temps in 50s Coming
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two Systems Appear To Be Moving Away From U.S. Mainland