BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida has now passed the 300,000 mark when it comes to positive COVID-19 cases in the state. As of 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, the Florida Department of Health had logged a total of 297,876 positive Florida resident cases and 3,934 non-Florida resident cases. The total infection count: 301,810. The total death count in Florida is now 4,521.
On Tuesday alone, 10,181 new cases were logged through 11:59 p.m. 112 new deaths were logged on Tuesday.
In Palm Beach County, 493 new COVID-19 cases were added to the books on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. There were 10 new deaths. There are now 22,788 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County — the total death count is 634.
The percent positivity rate for Palm Beach County on Tuesday is recorded as 10.8. It was 16.1 a day earlier. The up-again-down-again spread runs from 10.6 to 16.1 over the past two weeks.
Statewide, the percent positivity rate is 13.59 based on Tuesday’s test results.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak