EXTREMELY HIGH PERCENT POSITIVE RATE FOR KIDS 17 AND UNDER IN PALM BEACH COUNTY
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As parents address the school board during a live stream of the pivotal meeting that will lead to a vote on distance learning Wednesday night, several parents are claiming that kids just don’t contract COVID-19.
The latest numbers from the Florida Department of Health show that children 17 and under in Palm Beach County have a 33.5 percent positivity rate for COVID. To put it another way, out of every 100 kids tested for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County, an alarming 33 or 34 are positive.
Palm Beach County trails only Miami-Dade County (39.7 percent), Pinellas County (40.3 percent) and Manatee County when it comes to pediatric percent positivity of other large (based on population) counties in Florida.
Parents during the meeting, which continues until at least 7 p.m., have called these numbers “fake.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ARREST: Asked To Stop Cursing In Publix, Man Allegedly Threatens Victim With Belt
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Rents Car On Turo To Drug Addict, Car Destroyed…
- Huge Gift Will Lead To Therapy Center For Jewish Family Services
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Troubled Restaurant To Reopen Tonight For Fourth Time
- SIRENS: Apartment Fire In Delray Beach, Drunk In Publix, Bleeding In Costco
- REMINDER: Delray Beach Lights 100FT Christmas Tree Tonight
- CLAIM: Remote Proctor Forces Local Woman To Urinate On Camera During Final Exam
- Crash, “Droopy Eyelids,” Then DUI Arrest For Boca Raton Woman
- SIRENS: Poisoned In Polo Club, Dead In Boca Pointe, Traumatic Injury In Boca West,