BARBIERI: HEALTH DIRECTOR OF PALM BEACH COUNTY TOLD TO “KEEP MOUTH SHUT” BY STATE OF FLORIDA
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — School Board Chairman Frank Barbieri, Jr., preparing to lead the school board in a vote shortly to affirm distance learning for the start of the 2020-2021 school year, just delivered a passionate speech blasting the comments made by parents on social media.
“The virus is not conservative,” said Barbieri. “It is not liberal. it will effect anyone. There are going to be a great many of you that will not be pleased. It’s been over 100 years since this world was in the midst of a pandemic. We’re doing the best we can.”
Barbieri referred to personal attacks and and rude, crude comments made online and to emails received by the School Board.
“When you next comment on the computer,” said Barbieri, “if the only thing you can thin of is cruel and bitter, I’d suggest that you rethink (what you are writing.”
Barbieri made the point that kids are watching adults, and adults need to behave.
There is a small, yet growing group of vocal parents seemingly opposed to distance learning, claiming health officials are wrong and the “percent positivity” rate — which is hovering around 30 percent for children in Palm Beach County — isn’t true.
Barbieri said that Health Dept. Director of the Florida Dept. of Health for Palm Beach County, Dr. Alina Alonso, was ordered to not put her opinions — in writing — by the State of Florida.
The meeting is streaming live through roughly 6 p.m.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles