BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The State of Florida added 13,837 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. In what appears to be a record setting day, 156 people died in the state.
In Palm Beach County, 915 people were added to the COVID-19 positive list on Wednesday through 11:59, there were 4 new deaths.
The percent positivity rate in Palm Beach County started to climb up again — it was 11.3 based on Wednesday’s reporting. It had dropped to 10.9 percent on Tuesday but was 16.1 on Monday. The percent positivity in Palm Beach County has run from 10.6 to 16.1 over the past two weeks.
Statewide, the percent positivity for Wednesday’s tests logged through 11:59 p.m. is 12.94.
We note: there are questions now being asked concerning the accuracy of the “percent positivity” rate in Florida, as the the Department of Health is apparently “over weighting” negative numbers in an effort to offset positive test counting.
Statewide, there are now 315,775 confirmed cases of COVID-19. In Palm Beach County, the number is 23,711.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.
- DEADLY DAY: Florida Records Record 217 COVID Deaths
- Broward County Announces COVID-19 Vaccine Site
- BREAKING: Boca Fire To Offer COVID Shots, Just 200 Available
- Cool, Wet Weather For South Florida
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Inhaling Dangerous Chemicals