BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The State of Florida added 13,837 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. In what appears to be a record setting day, 156 people died in the state.
In Palm Beach County, 915 people were added to the COVID-19 positive list on Wednesday through 11:59, there were 4 new deaths.
The percent positivity rate in Palm Beach County started to climb up again — it was 11.3 based on Wednesday’s reporting. It had dropped to 10.9 percent on Tuesday but was 16.1 on Monday. The percent positivity in Palm Beach County has run from 10.6 to 16.1 over the past two weeks.
Statewide, the percent positivity for Wednesday’s tests logged through 11:59 p.m. is 12.94.
We note: there are questions now being asked concerning the accuracy of the “percent positivity” rate in Florida, as the the Department of Health is apparently “over weighting” negative numbers in an effort to offset positive test counting.
Statewide, there are now 315,775 confirmed cases of COVID-19. In Palm Beach County, the number is 23,711.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired