BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The State of Florida added 13,837 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday through 11:59 p.m. In what appears to be a record setting day, 156 people died in the state.
In Palm Beach County, 915 people were added to the COVID-19 positive list on Wednesday through 11:59, there were 4 new deaths.
The percent positivity rate in Palm Beach County started to climb up again — it was 11.3 based on Wednesday’s reporting. It had dropped to 10.9 percent on Tuesday but was 16.1 on Monday. The percent positivity in Palm Beach County has run from 10.6 to 16.1 over the past two weeks.
Statewide, the percent positivity for Wednesday’s tests logged through 11:59 p.m. is 12.94.
We note: there are questions now being asked concerning the accuracy of the “percent positivity” rate in Florida, as the the Department of Health is apparently “over weighting” negative numbers in an effort to offset positive test counting.
Statewide, there are now 315,775 confirmed cases of COVID-19. In Palm Beach County, the number is 23,711.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Arrest Man For Federal Highway Fatal
- INCREDIBLE: Murder Arrest In Cold Case From 1985, Elderly Woman Killed
- West Boca Medical Center’s COVID Protocol Just Might Kill Someone
- Murder, Kidnap Charges For Jailed Boynton Beach Man
- In-Person Graduation Ceremonies For Palm Beach County School District
- POLICE: Woman Threatens To Run Over Dog Walker In Boca Raton
- Jimmy Buffett To Stage Open Air Concerts In Delray Beach
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint