More Than 20 Percent Of Palm Beach County Hospitalizations Are COVID-19 Related
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The official early morning hospital census from the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration shows just one adult ICU bed available at West Boca Medical Center and none at Bethesda West. These appear to be the lowest numbers for hospitals in Boca, Delray Beach or Boynton Beach since the FHCA started releasing this information several days ago.
As of 6:18 a.m:
Total number of hospitalizations in Palm Beach County where COVID-19 is primary diagnosis: 649.
Total number of hospital beds in use in Palm Beach County: 3,082.
Based on this state-provided report, roughly 21 percent of all hospitalizations in Palm Beach County are for COVID-19 patients.
Hospital ICU Census at 6:18 a.m on July 16, 2020:
Bethesda West: 11 adult ICU beds in use, NONE available. Hospital does not report pediatric ICU beds.
West Boca Medical Center: 15 adult ICU beds in use, 1 available. No pediatric ICU beds in use, 5 available.
Delray Medical Center: 32 adult ICU beds in use, 22 available. Hospital does not report pediatric ICU beds.
Boca Raton Regional: 27 adult ICU beds in use, 14 available. Hospital does not report pediatric ICU beds.
Bethesda East: 25 adult ICU beds in use, 14 available. 1 pediatric ICU bed available, 2 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car