More Than 20 Percent Of Palm Beach County Hospitalizations Are COVID-19 Related
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The official early morning hospital census from the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration shows just one adult ICU bed available at West Boca Medical Center and none at Bethesda West. These appear to be the lowest numbers for hospitals in Boca, Delray Beach or Boynton Beach since the FHCA started releasing this information several days ago.
As of 6:18 a.m:
Total number of hospitalizations in Palm Beach County where COVID-19 is primary diagnosis: 649.
Total number of hospital beds in use in Palm Beach County: 3,082.
Based on this state-provided report, roughly 21 percent of all hospitalizations in Palm Beach County are for COVID-19 patients.
Hospital ICU Census at 6:18 a.m on July 16, 2020:
Bethesda West: 11 adult ICU beds in use, NONE available. Hospital does not report pediatric ICU beds.
West Boca Medical Center: 15 adult ICU beds in use, 1 available. No pediatric ICU beds in use, 5 available.
Delray Medical Center: 32 adult ICU beds in use, 22 available. Hospital does not report pediatric ICU beds.
Boca Raton Regional: 27 adult ICU beds in use, 14 available. Hospital does not report pediatric ICU beds.
Bethesda East: 25 adult ICU beds in use, 14 available. 1 pediatric ICU bed available, 2 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens