BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Homeowners across Palm Beach County are receiving calls from someone claiming to be “Florida Top,” a roofing company that wants to set up an appointment right away to work on your roof.
The pitch, through broken English: “we are in your neighborhood and noticed your roof may need repair. So many in your neighborhood do. Can we set up an appointment for today at 5 p.m., or is 10 a.m. tomorrow better?”
There is no “Florida Top” listed in any searchable consumer database. Incredibly, the apparent scam artist is calling homeowners in communities that are new — so new that their roofs are under warranty and have only been on a house for two years or less.
If you receive a call from 561-375-2230 which may show “Boynton Beach,” don’t answer, or, play along and see what happens. Then let us know.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW