BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Homeowners across Palm Beach County are receiving calls from someone claiming to be “Florida Top,” a roofing company that wants to set up an appointment right away to work on your roof.
The pitch, through broken English: “we are in your neighborhood and noticed your roof may need repair. So many in your neighborhood do. Can we set up an appointment for today at 5 p.m., or is 10 a.m. tomorrow better?”
There is no “Florida Top” listed in any searchable consumer database. Incredibly, the apparent scam artist is calling homeowners in communities that are new — so new that their roofs are under warranty and have only been on a house for two years or less.
If you receive a call from 561-375-2230 which may show “Boynton Beach,” don’t answer, or, play along and see what happens. Then let us know.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida’s COVID Numbers Are Not Getting Better
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments