BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Homeowners across Palm Beach County are receiving calls from someone claiming to be “Florida Top,” a roofing company that wants to set up an appointment right away to work on your roof.
The pitch, through broken English: “we are in your neighborhood and noticed your roof may need repair. So many in your neighborhood do. Can we set up an appointment for today at 5 p.m., or is 10 a.m. tomorrow better?”
There is no “Florida Top” listed in any searchable consumer database. Incredibly, the apparent scam artist is calling homeowners in communities that are new — so new that their roofs are under warranty and have only been on a house for two years or less.
If you receive a call from 561-375-2230 which may show “Boynton Beach,” don’t answer, or, play along and see what happens. Then let us know.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail