BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Homeowners across Palm Beach County are receiving calls from someone claiming to be “Florida Top,” a roofing company that wants to set up an appointment right away to work on your roof.
The pitch, through broken English: “we are in your neighborhood and noticed your roof may need repair. So many in your neighborhood do. Can we set up an appointment for today at 5 p.m., or is 10 a.m. tomorrow better?”
There is no “Florida Top” listed in any searchable consumer database. Incredibly, the apparent scam artist is calling homeowners in communities that are new — so new that their roofs are under warranty and have only been on a house for two years or less.
If you receive a call from 561-375-2230 which may show “Boynton Beach,” don’t answer, or, play along and see what happens. Then let us know.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER SERVICE: Nor’easter To Pound North East, Rain To Dampen South Florida
- Boca Raton’s Robert Hevert Jailed On Felony Charge
- Here’s What It’s Like To Travel To Hawaii, And Why It Makes Florida Look So Bad
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant