BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Homeowners across Palm Beach County are receiving calls from someone claiming to be “Florida Top,” a roofing company that wants to set up an appointment right away to work on your roof.
The pitch, through broken English: “we are in your neighborhood and noticed your roof may need repair. So many in your neighborhood do. Can we set up an appointment for today at 5 p.m., or is 10 a.m. tomorrow better?”
There is no “Florida Top” listed in any searchable consumer database. Incredibly, the apparent scam artist is calling homeowners in communities that are new — so new that their roofs are under warranty and have only been on a house for two years or less.
If you receive a call from 561-375-2230 which may show “Boynton Beach,” don’t answer, or, play along and see what happens. Then let us know.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19
- BOCA RATON HIGH SCHOOL: Social Distancing Disaster
- Palm Beach County Extends Facial Covering Executive Order
- Just 54,000 Students Returned To Palm Beach County Schools, 107K Stayed Online
- PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS: Parents, How Was In-Person Learning?
- Boca Raton Doctor Facing 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Sinai Residences Breaks Ground On Phase Two
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off South Florida To Bring Rain, May Develop