BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 story in Florida continues to be grim.
The Florida Department of Health reports that another 128 COVID-19 deaths were logged on Thursday through 11:59 p.m.
11,345 new COVID-19 positive cases were added to the books as well
In Palm Beach County, 645 new cases were logged on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. with 21 new deaths.
The percent positivity rate for Thursday, which is now being questioned as to accuracy based on Florida’s overweighting of “negative” tests, is 14.34 percent statewide. In Palm Beach County, it’s 10.6. Both the state and county percent positivity continue to fluctuate greatly — there has been no stability in weeks.
There are now 327,241 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida with 4,805 deaths. In Palm Beach County, the case count is 24,361 with 659 deaths. At least 2,182 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 issues in Palm Beach County. The statewide hospitalization count is 20,191.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days