BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 story in Florida continues to be grim.
The Florida Department of Health reports that another 128 COVID-19 deaths were logged on Thursday through 11:59 p.m.
11,345 new COVID-19 positive cases were added to the books as well
In Palm Beach County, 645 new cases were logged on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. with 21 new deaths.
The percent positivity rate for Thursday, which is now being questioned as to accuracy based on Florida’s overweighting of “negative” tests, is 14.34 percent statewide. In Palm Beach County, it’s 10.6. Both the state and county percent positivity continue to fluctuate greatly — there has been no stability in weeks.
There are now 327,241 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida with 4,805 deaths. In Palm Beach County, the case count is 24,361 with 659 deaths. At least 2,182 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 issues in Palm Beach County. The statewide hospitalization count is 20,191.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen