UPDATED at 5:47 p.m. with comment from Cigar Bar owner and his attorney, with claims that they are allowed to run a bar because retail is their primary business.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner, in promoting the COVID Education and Compliance team, announced that Boca’s “Casa De Montecristo By Prime Cigar” shop was closed by inspectors for violating COVID-19 rules and regulations.
The point Kerner made: the enforcement team is out and about. They are working all hours. They will shut down businesses that are not complying with excutive orders.
“Laws must be followed,” said Kerner. “If someone is breaking the rules, call 561-24-COVID. The laws must be followed from a health standpoint and economic standpoint. Don’t feel bad about it.”
The cigar bar’s owner, and his attorney, called BocaNewsNow.com after this article first appeared to dispute Kerner’s claim. According to Brad Windstead, the owner of CASA DE MONTECRISTO BY PRIME CIGAR, the bar was shut down but not retail, and he believes that the bar is allowed to remain open. Winstead said that since his main business is selling cigars and not alcohol, he’s allowed to keep the bar open. That would seem to violate the county and state executive orders prohibiting bars from operating.
Meantime, Kerner also said that while he does not believe it is currently needed, Palm Beach County would not hesitate to shut down again, as it did in March.
Asked about mask compliance in general, Kerner said that if mask compliance does not continue, police officers will need to issue citations and enforce mask wearing orders.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car