BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida added another 90 deaths from COVID-19 on Friday through 11:59 p.m. as the statewide total increased by 10,292. The positivity rate rose to 12.17 percent for Friday’s report.
In Palm Beach County, 7 COVID-19 deaths were reported on Friday through 11:59, as were 681 new COVID cases. That’s one of the highest new case additions in the past the two week. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County for Friday’s report is 9.3. That’s the first time it’s been under 10 percent in weeks, but we caution: there are questions now being asked about the authenticity of all positivity reports in Florida as the DeSantis administration is being questioned over over its possible double counting of some negative tests.
There are now at least 25,045 COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County. Florida reports a total of at least 337,569 COVID-19 cases.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain