DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It may be game over for the The Duffy’s Sports Bar location at 1538 South Federal Highway in Delray Beach.
In a just-filed lawsuit in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, the property management company says Duffy’s hasn’t paid its lease since March, and now owes $109,058.74.
March was the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The unpaid rent isn’t the only issue in the lawsuit by “Linton Delray, LLC.” The company claims that Duffy’s never officially extended its lease with the property owner’s new management company when Duffy’s lease expired in 2018. The suit alleges that Duffy’s attempted to extend its lease, but sent a letter to the wrong company.
The key line from the lawsuit, however, is this:
“Tenant continues to possess and occupy the Premises without Landlord’s permission, or consent, express or implied.”
You can download the complete lawsuit, below.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Man Threatens To Stab Mother In Delray Beach, Cops Shoot Both
- TWO TROPICAL WAVES EXPECTED TO BECOME DEPRESSIONS WITHIN DAYS
- WE’RE CONFUSED: Lee County Opposed Mask Mandates, But Angry Over No Evacuation Order?
- POLICE INVESTIGATE DRIVE-BY GEL GUN ATTACK IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH
- North Carolina Woman Drives On Rims In Boca Raton, Is Arrested For DUI
- PALM BEACH COUNTY REAL ESTATE MARKET TANKS
- WHAT’S IT DOING? New Tropical Wave Meandering, But Growing, South Of Florida
- Deputy Shoots Pit Bull But Bullet Travels Through Dog Into Another Deputy
- CHILD LEFT AT SCHOOL HE DOESN’T ATTEND, PARENTS CAN’T BE FOUND