DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It may be game over for the The Duffy’s Sports Bar location at 1538 South Federal Highway in Delray Beach.
In a just-filed lawsuit in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, the property management company says Duffy’s hasn’t paid its lease since March, and now owes $109,058.74.
March was the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The unpaid rent isn’t the only issue in the lawsuit by “Linton Delray, LLC.” The company claims that Duffy’s never officially extended its lease with the property owner’s new management company when Duffy’s lease expired in 2018. The suit alleges that Duffy’s attempted to extend its lease, but sent a letter to the wrong company.
The key line from the lawsuit, however, is this:
“Tenant continues to possess and occupy the Premises without Landlord’s permission, or consent, express or implied.”
You can download the complete lawsuit, below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges