DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It may be game over for the The Duffy’s Sports Bar location at 1538 South Federal Highway in Delray Beach.
In a just-filed lawsuit in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, the property management company says Duffy’s hasn’t paid its lease since March, and now owes $109,058.74.
March was the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The unpaid rent isn’t the only issue in the lawsuit by “Linton Delray, LLC.” The company claims that Duffy’s never officially extended its lease with the property owner’s new management company when Duffy’s lease expired in 2018. The suit alleges that Duffy’s attempted to extend its lease, but sent a letter to the wrong company.
The key line from the lawsuit, however, is this:
“Tenant continues to possess and occupy the Premises without Landlord’s permission, or consent, express or implied.”
You can download the complete lawsuit, below.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive