DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It may be game over for the The Duffy’s Sports Bar location at 1538 South Federal Highway in Delray Beach.
In a just-filed lawsuit in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, the property management company says Duffy’s hasn’t paid its lease since March, and now owes $109,058.74.
March was the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The unpaid rent isn’t the only issue in the lawsuit by “Linton Delray, LLC.” The company claims that Duffy’s never officially extended its lease with the property owner’s new management company when Duffy’s lease expired in 2018. The suit alleges that Duffy’s attempted to extend its lease, but sent a letter to the wrong company.
The key line from the lawsuit, however, is this:
“Tenant continues to possess and occupy the Premises without Landlord’s permission, or consent, express or implied.”
You can download the complete lawsuit, below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges