DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It may be game over for the The Duffy’s Sports Bar location at 1538 South Federal Highway in Delray Beach.
In a just-filed lawsuit in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, the property management company says Duffy’s hasn’t paid its lease since March, and now owes $109,058.74.
March was the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The unpaid rent isn’t the only issue in the lawsuit by “Linton Delray, LLC.” The company claims that Duffy’s never officially extended its lease with the property owner’s new management company when Duffy’s lease expired in 2018. The suit alleges that Duffy’s attempted to extend its lease, but sent a letter to the wrong company.
The key line from the lawsuit, however, is this:
“Tenant continues to possess and occupy the Premises without Landlord’s permission, or consent, express or implied.”
You can download the complete lawsuit, below.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT