BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Another 89 bodies have been added to the Florida death count.
The Florida Department of Health, in its Sunday report which includes tests and deaths logged on Saturday through 11:59 p.m. , says 89 people died from COVID-19 and 12,523 new positive COVID-19 tests were added to the books.
In Palm Beach County, another 773 positive tests were added on Saturday through 11:59 p.m., as were 13 new deaths. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County shot back up after its first day below 10 percent in weeks. Saturday’s positivity rate was 11.4 percent. The Florida statewide positivity rate for Saturday was 11.85 percent.
We continue to mention that there are questions being asked about the accuracy of the positivity rates, after experts suggested that Florida is over counting “negative” results and under counting positive results.
Statewide, there are are now 350,047 people with confirmed positive COVID-19 diagnoses. In Palm Beach County, 25,785 people have tested positive for COVID-19.
These are the first official numbers released on Sunday. We’ll update if there is a significant change.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman