BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Another 89 bodies have been added to the Florida death count.
The Florida Department of Health, in its Sunday report which includes tests and deaths logged on Saturday through 11:59 p.m. , says 89 people died from COVID-19 and 12,523 new positive COVID-19 tests were added to the books.
In Palm Beach County, another 773 positive tests were added on Saturday through 11:59 p.m., as were 13 new deaths. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County shot back up after its first day below 10 percent in weeks. Saturday’s positivity rate was 11.4 percent. The Florida statewide positivity rate for Saturday was 11.85 percent.
We continue to mention that there are questions being asked about the accuracy of the positivity rates, after experts suggested that Florida is over counting “negative” results and under counting positive results.
Statewide, there are are now 350,047 people with confirmed positive COVID-19 diagnoses. In Palm Beach County, 25,785 people have tested positive for COVID-19.
These are the first official numbers released on Sunday. We’ll update if there is a significant change.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TEACHERS: Palm Beach County Parents Don’t Understand Where They’re Sending Kids
- Boynton Beach Woman Jailed, Tried To Smuggle Drugs Into Jail
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open
- Palm Beach County Schools: Substitutes Needed As In-Person Learning Begins
- Palm Beach Schools: Parents Still Say “No Way” To Sending Kids Back On Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wilfred Forms, Early Track Towards Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Food Service Worker Horror Story
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Expect New Tropical Storm To Form Today