BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Another 89 bodies have been added to the Florida death count.
The Florida Department of Health, in its Sunday report which includes tests and deaths logged on Saturday through 11:59 p.m. , says 89 people died from COVID-19 and 12,523 new positive COVID-19 tests were added to the books.
In Palm Beach County, another 773 positive tests were added on Saturday through 11:59 p.m., as were 13 new deaths. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County shot back up after its first day below 10 percent in weeks. Saturday’s positivity rate was 11.4 percent. The Florida statewide positivity rate for Saturday was 11.85 percent.
We continue to mention that there are questions being asked about the accuracy of the positivity rates, after experts suggested that Florida is over counting “negative” results and under counting positive results.
Statewide, there are are now 350,047 people with confirmed positive COVID-19 diagnoses. In Palm Beach County, 25,785 people have tested positive for COVID-19.
These are the first official numbers released on Sunday. We’ll update if there is a significant change.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: Another Resident Arrested
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn
- ALLIGATOR ALLEY SHOOTING: Police Seeks Suspect, Ask Public For Tips
- ALERT: Palm Beach County COVID Risk Spikes
- EXTREMELY DRUNK: Cops Say Boca Raton Man Three Times Limit