STATE REVEALS NEARLY 22 PERCENT OF ALL HOSPITAL PATIENTS IN PALM BEACH COUNTY ARE BEING TREATED FOR COVID-19
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The official Palm Beach County ICU Census Count is bad — and also reveals a stunning statistic that raises serious questions about the authenticity of the “positivity” rate that is released by the State of Florida. While the most recent positivity rates have placed Florida — and Palm Beach County — in the 10 to 15 percent range, the percent of people hospitalized for COVID-19 issues in Palm Beach County is now 21 percent.
There are a total of 2,853 beds in Palm Beach County. According to the Agency of Health Care Administration, 618 people — or 21.66 percent — are hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
As of 8:47 a.m. Monday, July 20, 2020:
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: NO Adult ICU beds are available, 17 are in use. 4 Pediatric ICU beds are available.
BETHESDA WEST: 2 Adult ICU beds are available, 8 are in use. The hospital does not report pediatric ICU beds.
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 8 Adult ICU beds are available, 46 Adult ICU Beds are in use. The hospital does not report pediatric ICU beds.
BOCA RATON MEDICAL CENTER: 12 Adult ICU beds are available, 29 are in use. The hospital does not report pediatric ICU beds.
BETHESDA EAST: 13 Adult ICU beds are available, 26 Adult ICU beds are in use. Three Pediatric ICU beds are available.
In all of Palm Beach County, 618 people are hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19. There are. a total of 2,853 beds in PBC, meaning 21.66 percent of all people hospitalized with COVID-19 in Palm Beach County are being treated for COVID-19 issues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems Southeast Of Florida May Become Victor, Wanda
- POLICE: Woman Charged With Firebombing Area Temple
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes