BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County officials are starting to lose credibility as rules are enacted but not enforced. It’s an alternate universe to Broward County — which has a strict curfew in effect for overnight hours, and Miami-Dade County which is now issuing $50 and $100 fines to people who don’t wear masks or follow other rules.
The sudden positivity rate decrease in Palm Beach County isn’t believable. Florida’s own Agency for Healthcare Administration reports Monday morning that more than 21 percent of all people hospitalized in Palm Beach County are hospitalized for COVID-19 issues. It’s a far cry from the 9 percent positivity rate reported by the State of Florida over the weekend.
Is it time for Palm Beach County to issue fines to mask violators? Is it time for the “COVID Education and Compliance Team” to fine and shut more businesses?
Weigh in, below.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching