BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The numbers don’t lie. Two of the main hospitals in South Palm Beach County are out of ICU beds.
West Boca Medical and Bethesda West, for the second night in a row, are at full ICU capacity, according to the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration. While the State of Florida does not release the number of ICU patients being treated for COVID-19, we do know that the total Palm Beach County hospital census for COVID patients is 623 – roughly 21 percent of all hospital beds in use in Palm Beach County.
By the numbers as of 7:45 p.m. on July 21, 2020:
BETHESDA WEST: 10 Adult ICU beds in use, No adult ICU beds available.
WELLINGTON: 33 Adult ICU beds in use, 1 adult ICU bed available.
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 17 Adult ICU beds in use, No adult ICU beds available. 5 pediatric ICU beds are available, none are in use.
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 41 Adult ICU beds are in use, 13 adult ICU beds are available.
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 27 Adult ICU beds are in use, 14 adult ICU beds are available.
BETHESDA EAST: 26 Adult ICU beds are in use, 13 adult ICU beds are available. 3 Pediatric ICU beds are available, none are in use.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again