BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The casket industry seems to be in hot demand in Florida — and that’s saying something for Florida.
The Florida Department of Health reports an additional 139 COVID-19 deaths were added to death count on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. Statewide, another 9,785 COVID-19 cases were added on Tuesday as well.
Florida’s positivity rate — based on Tuesday’s report — is 13.51 percent. The total number of COVID-19 infections in the State of Florida is now at least 379,619. The total death count is 5,459.
In Palm Beach County, 547 new COVID-19 cases were added on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. with 8 new COVID-19 deaths. The positivity rate — in a number that seems exceptionally questionable even by the most optimistic — is 8.7 percent. That is a dramatic drop from 13 percent on Monday, and 13.3 percent on Sunday. There have been questions raised about the positivity counting — it’s unclear if that plays a factor in what right now appears to be an anomaly. We’ll update if there is additional health department guidance.
***UPDATE AT 5:30 p.m: The percent positivity was abnormally low. PBC just issued this advisory: “As of 5:00 p.m. today, the positivity rate in Palm Beach County is 12.36%. To find the latest information about your specific zip code and other COVID-19 data, check out the Florida Department of Health.”
There are now at least 27,506 cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 709 deaths. At least 2,336 people have been hospitalized.
In Boca Raton, at least 3,492 have tested positive. In Delray Beach, 1,827. In Boynton Beach, 2,399.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance
- FATAL CRASH BOCA: David Hernandez, 21, Killed, Driver Allegedly Drunk
- KIDS HOSPITALIZED FLORIDA: CDC Report Reveals Children Hospitalized With COVID
- CDC Predicts 40,867 COVID Deaths In Florida In Four Weeks
- Seven Bridges HOA Sued Again: Defamation Claim By Caterer
- FLORIDA HOSPITALS IN CRISIS, 10K COVID PATIENTS USING BEDS