BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The casket industry seems to be in hot demand in Florida — and that’s saying something for Florida.
The Florida Department of Health reports an additional 139 COVID-19 deaths were added to death count on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. Statewide, another 9,785 COVID-19 cases were added on Tuesday as well.
Florida’s positivity rate — based on Tuesday’s report — is 13.51 percent. The total number of COVID-19 infections in the State of Florida is now at least 379,619. The total death count is 5,459.
In Palm Beach County, 547 new COVID-19 cases were added on Tuesday through 11:59 p.m. with 8 new COVID-19 deaths. The positivity rate — in a number that seems exceptionally questionable even by the most optimistic — is 8.7 percent. That is a dramatic drop from 13 percent on Monday, and 13.3 percent on Sunday. There have been questions raised about the positivity counting — it’s unclear if that plays a factor in what right now appears to be an anomaly. We’ll update if there is additional health department guidance.
***UPDATE AT 5:30 p.m: The percent positivity was abnormally low. PBC just issued this advisory: “As of 5:00 p.m. today, the positivity rate in Palm Beach County is 12.36%. To find the latest information about your specific zip code and other COVID-19 data, check out the Florida Department of Health.”
There are now at least 27,506 cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 709 deaths. At least 2,336 people have been hospitalized.
In Boca Raton, at least 3,492 have tested positive. In Delray Beach, 1,827. In Boynton Beach, 2,399.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida’s “Vulnerable” Form For COVID-19 Shot May Be HIPAA Violation
- COVID Count Rising In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Registered Sex Offender, Arrested Again For Sex Crime
- Teacher, Arrested By Boca Raton Police, Set To Be Fired Today
- Delray’s Tiffany Terrazzano Jailed On Repeat Charge
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Mandate, Some Fear DeSantis Will Ban It
- Huge Jump In Florida COVID Cases
- POTTY PROBLEM! High Profile Boca Building Sends Tenants To Porta-Johns
- Thieves Targeting Target Wanted By Police