BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In the first of what is expected to be several extensions, the facial covering order in Palm Beach County has been extended through August 23rd.
The 30 day extension is more of a formality than a surprise.
Here’s the official language issued on July 23, 2020:
Considering the most current data on COVID-19 spread in Palm Beach County, Southeast Florida and the entire State of Florida, as well as the CDC recommendations on wearing of facial coverings, the County Administrator has determined that it is necessary and appropriate to extend Emergency Order Number 2020-012 for an additional thirty (30) days.
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED pursuant to Palm Beach County Code Chapter 9, Article II, Section 9-35, as well as the authorities granted to me by Declaration of Emergency issued by Governor DeSantis in Executive Order 20-52, by Chapter 252, Florida Statutes, by the Board of County Commissioners, by the Palm Beach County Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan, and as otherwise provided by law, I hereby order as follows:
- Recitals. The foregoing recitals are hereby incorporated herein by reference.
- Extension. Executive Order 2020-012 is hereby extended until 12:01 a.m. on August 23, 2020.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching