BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In the first of what is expected to be several extensions, the facial covering order in Palm Beach County has been extended through August 23rd.
The 30 day extension is more of a formality than a surprise.
Here’s the official language issued on July 23, 2020:
Considering the most current data on COVID-19 spread in Palm Beach County, Southeast Florida and the entire State of Florida, as well as the CDC recommendations on wearing of facial coverings, the County Administrator has determined that it is necessary and appropriate to extend Emergency Order Number 2020-012 for an additional thirty (30) days.
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED pursuant to Palm Beach County Code Chapter 9, Article II, Section 9-35, as well as the authorities granted to me by Declaration of Emergency issued by Governor DeSantis in Executive Order 20-52, by Chapter 252, Florida Statutes, by the Board of County Commissioners, by the Palm Beach County Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan, and as otherwise provided by law, I hereby order as follows:
- Recitals. The foregoing recitals are hereby incorporated herein by reference.
- Extension. Executive Order 2020-012 is hereby extended until 12:01 a.m. on August 23, 2020.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud