BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In the first of what is expected to be several extensions, the facial covering order in Palm Beach County has been extended through August 23rd.
The 30 day extension is more of a formality than a surprise.
Here’s the official language issued on July 23, 2020:
Considering the most current data on COVID-19 spread in Palm Beach County, Southeast Florida and the entire State of Florida, as well as the CDC recommendations on wearing of facial coverings, the County Administrator has determined that it is necessary and appropriate to extend Emergency Order Number 2020-012 for an additional thirty (30) days.
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED pursuant to Palm Beach County Code Chapter 9, Article II, Section 9-35, as well as the authorities granted to me by Declaration of Emergency issued by Governor DeSantis in Executive Order 20-52, by Chapter 252, Florida Statutes, by the Board of County Commissioners, by the Palm Beach County Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan, and as otherwise provided by law, I hereby order as follows:
- Recitals. The foregoing recitals are hereby incorporated herein by reference.
- Extension. Executive Order 2020-012 is hereby extended until 12:01 a.m. on August 23, 2020.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton
- BREAKING: Florida Turnpike Closed At Glades Road
- FLORIDA COVID POSITIVITY SOARS: Highest In Weeks, Infection Cases Pass 760,000
- South Florida Postal Worker Charged With Stealing Vote By Mail Ballot
- TROPICAL STORM EPSILON: Growing East Of Florida, Hurricane Strength Expected
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Now 118 COVID-19 Infections
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic