BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The South Palm Beach County ICU census early Thursday is slightly better than early Wednesday, but ICU use countywide is not.
There has also been an increase in pediatric ICU use, with one hospital reporting 86 percent capacity of its pediatric ICU.
Countywide, 20 percent of all hospital beds are being used for COVID-19 patients.
According to the official, real-time data tracker from the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration, just 24.33-percent of all ICU beds in Palm Beach County are available as of 6:18 a.m. Specifics on COVID vs Non-COVID reporting follows the rundown:
FROM THE AGENCY FOR HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION:
BETHESDA WEST: 8 ADULT ICU BEDS ARE IN USE, 2 ARE AVAILABLE.
WELLINGTON: 30 ADULT ICU BEDS ARE IN USE, 4 ARE AVAILABLE.
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 15 ADULT ICU BEDS ARE IN USE, 1 IS AVAILABLE. (NO PEDIATRIC ICU BEDS ARE IN USE, 5 ARE AVAILABLE).
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 45 ADULT ICU BEDS ARE IN USE, 9 ARE AVAILABLE.
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 27 ADULT ICU BEDS ARE IN USE, 14 ARE AVAILABLE.
BETHESDA EAST: 27 ADULT ICU BEDS ARE IN USE, 12 ARE AVAILABLE. (2 PEDIATRIC ICU BEDS ARE IN USE, 1 IS AVAILABLE).
Of note: St. Mary’s Medical Center in West Palm Beach is reporting 12 pediatric ICU beds in use with 2 available. We believe that is the highest pediatric ICU count at St. Mary’s in weeks.
The State of Florida does not break down how many ICU patients are being treated for COVID, but does report that in Palm Beach County, 605 people are hospitalized where “the primary diagnosis is COVID-19.” That represents roughly 20 percent of all people hospitalized in the county this morning.
It is a very slight decrease (roughly 1 percentage point) from Wednesday morning.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19
- BOCA RATON HIGH SCHOOL: Social Distancing Disaster
- Palm Beach County Extends Facial Covering Executive Order
- Just 54,000 Students Returned To Palm Beach County Schools, 107K Stayed Online
- PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS: Parents, How Was In-Person Learning?
- Boca Raton Doctor Facing 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Sinai Residences Breaks Ground On Phase Two
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off South Florida To Bring Rain, May Develop
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS CLEANING CRISIS: Principal Tells Teachers To “Make Solution Of Soap And Water”