BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The South Palm Beach County ICU census early Thursday is slightly better than early Wednesday, but ICU use countywide is not.
There has also been an increase in pediatric ICU use, with one hospital reporting 86 percent capacity of its pediatric ICU.
Countywide, 20 percent of all hospital beds are being used for COVID-19 patients.
According to the official, real-time data tracker from the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration, just 24.33-percent of all ICU beds in Palm Beach County are available as of 6:18 a.m. Specifics on COVID vs Non-COVID reporting follows the rundown:
FROM THE AGENCY FOR HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION:
BETHESDA WEST: 8 ADULT ICU BEDS ARE IN USE, 2 ARE AVAILABLE.
WELLINGTON: 30 ADULT ICU BEDS ARE IN USE, 4 ARE AVAILABLE.
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 15 ADULT ICU BEDS ARE IN USE, 1 IS AVAILABLE. (NO PEDIATRIC ICU BEDS ARE IN USE, 5 ARE AVAILABLE).
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 45 ADULT ICU BEDS ARE IN USE, 9 ARE AVAILABLE.
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 27 ADULT ICU BEDS ARE IN USE, 14 ARE AVAILABLE.
BETHESDA EAST: 27 ADULT ICU BEDS ARE IN USE, 12 ARE AVAILABLE. (2 PEDIATRIC ICU BEDS ARE IN USE, 1 IS AVAILABLE).
Of note: St. Mary’s Medical Center in West Palm Beach is reporting 12 pediatric ICU beds in use with 2 available. We believe that is the highest pediatric ICU count at St. Mary’s in weeks.
The State of Florida does not break down how many ICU patients are being treated for COVID, but does report that in Palm Beach County, 605 people are hospitalized where “the primary diagnosis is COVID-19.” That represents roughly 20 percent of all people hospitalized in the county this morning.
It is a very slight decrease (roughly 1 percentage point) from Wednesday morning.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER SERVICE: Nor’easter To Pound North East, Rain To Dampen South Florida
- Boca Raton’s Robert Hevert Jailed On Felony Charge
- Here’s What It’s Like To Travel To Hawaii, And Why It Makes Florida Look So Bad
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant