BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis seemingly blew a dog whistle via Twitter a short time ago. Here’s what he posted:
“I am urging Florida’s school superintendents to ensure parents have the choice between in-person and distance learning for their kids. Many school districts need a few extra weeks to safely reopen and they may do so. Find contact info for your district here.”
The attached link leads to email addresses for school districts and, in many cases, school superintendents.
Palm Beach County School District is opening August 31st for distance learning only. “Distance Learning” will continue until it safe to return to school, regardless of which “phase“ the county is in.
The current pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County continues to be 14 percent — significantly higher than 3% to 5% the Florida Academy of Pediatrics says must be met before in-person education can resume.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning