BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis seemingly blew a dog whistle via Twitter a short time ago. Here’s what he posted:
“I am urging Florida’s school superintendents to ensure parents have the choice between in-person and distance learning for their kids. Many school districts need a few extra weeks to safely reopen and they may do so. Find contact info for your district here.”
The attached link leads to email addresses for school districts and, in many cases, school superintendents.
Palm Beach County School District is opening August 31st for distance learning only. “Distance Learning” will continue until it safe to return to school, regardless of which “phase“ the county is in.
The current pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County continues to be 14 percent — significantly higher than 3% to 5% the Florida Academy of Pediatrics says must be met before in-person education can resume.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens