BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis seemingly blew a dog whistle via Twitter a short time ago. Here’s what he posted:
“I am urging Florida’s school superintendents to ensure parents have the choice between in-person and distance learning for their kids. Many school districts need a few extra weeks to safely reopen and they may do so. Find contact info for your district here.”
The attached link leads to email addresses for school districts and, in many cases, school superintendents.
Palm Beach County School District is opening August 31st for distance learning only. “Distance Learning” will continue until it safe to return to school, regardless of which “phase“ the county is in.
The current pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County continues to be 14 percent — significantly higher than 3% to 5% the Florida Academy of Pediatrics says must be met before in-person education can resume.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…
- Deerfield Beach Woman Struck By Car, Killed
- Aaron Singerman Sentencing Delayed, Remains In Custody
- B’NAI TORAH BOCA: Parents Livid Over New COVID-19 Policies
- I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Expect Traffic Problems
- AARON SINGERMAN: Government Seeks 78-97 Months In Prison, Sentencing Thursday
- New York Man Killed In Delray Beach Crash, Drove Under Semi