BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis seemingly blew a dog whistle via Twitter a short time ago. Here’s what he posted:
“I am urging Florida’s school superintendents to ensure parents have the choice between in-person and distance learning for their kids. Many school districts need a few extra weeks to safely reopen and they may do so. Find contact info for your district here.”
The attached link leads to email addresses for school districts and, in many cases, school superintendents.
Palm Beach County School District is opening August 31st for distance learning only. “Distance Learning” will continue until it safe to return to school, regardless of which “phase“ the county is in.
The current pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County continues to be 14 percent — significantly higher than 3% to 5% the Florida Academy of Pediatrics says must be met before in-person education can resume.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching