BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County School District Verbatim)— On Thursday, July 23, 2020, the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) held a second emergency board meeting to discuss and vote on the official start date for fall sports for all of its member schools.
During this meeting, the FHSAA’s Board of Directors voted to push back the start date of fall sports from July 27th to August 24th at the earliest. As part of the motion, the Board of Directors will meet again between August 10th and 17th to review current data and information from its Sports Medicine Advisory Committee as well as to further discuss the potential of beginning fall sports on August 24th.
If the August 24th fall sports start date is approved at the next FHSAA Board of Directors meeting – It should be noted that this will be the first allowable date for member schools to begin official fall sports practice. Schools and school districts will still have the authority to determine whether or not it is safe for their community to re-engage in athletic activities at that time.
The School District of Palm Beach County is continuing to monitor the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic in our community. Currently, our county remains at the Phase One level of reopening. At this time Districtwide participation in athletics and conditioning, as well as all other extracurricular activities, is on hold until further notice.
The District will continue to reevaluate information as it becomes available, and the opportunities for our coaches and student-athletes to return to participation.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Airline Sues Pilot Over Leaving Low Paying Job
- Kings Point Delray Beach Cocaine Dealer Back In Jail
- HURRICANE CENTER: Rina And Philippe Remain East Of Florida, New Wave May Form
- Toilet Talk! This Guy Wants Everyone To Hear What He’s Saying In Airport Lounge
- Arrest Made In North Broward Movie Theater Beating
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Drug, Weapon Charges
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two Tropical Storms East Of Florida, Another Wave Developing
- Major Police Activity In West Boca Raton’s Lotus Community
- Stonebridge Country Club Boca Raton Initiates Foreclosure Over $2100