BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County School District Verbatim)— On Thursday, July 23, 2020, the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) held a second emergency board meeting to discuss and vote on the official start date for fall sports for all of its member schools.
During this meeting, the FHSAA’s Board of Directors voted to push back the start date of fall sports from July 27th to August 24th at the earliest. As part of the motion, the Board of Directors will meet again between August 10th and 17th to review current data and information from its Sports Medicine Advisory Committee as well as to further discuss the potential of beginning fall sports on August 24th.
If the August 24th fall sports start date is approved at the next FHSAA Board of Directors meeting – It should be noted that this will be the first allowable date for member schools to begin official fall sports practice. Schools and school districts will still have the authority to determine whether or not it is safe for their community to re-engage in athletic activities at that time.
The School District of Palm Beach County is continuing to monitor the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic in our community. Currently, our county remains at the Phase One level of reopening. At this time Districtwide participation in athletics and conditioning, as well as all other extracurricular activities, is on hold until further notice.
The District will continue to reevaluate information as it becomes available, and the opportunities for our coaches and student-athletes to return to participation.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again