UPDATE: 12:20 p.m. — We just received a statement from the franchise owner. We have published the statement, in its entirety, below.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Dunkin Donuts at 9874 Yamato Road is in trouble with the State of Florida.
A just released inspection report from the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services reveals that the Dunkin Donuts location — owned by Sitaram Donut Corporation — is operating without a license. The inspection occurred Thursday, July 23rd.
“On July 23, 2020, DUNKIN DONUTS was inspecting by a representative of the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.”
The finding: Dunkin Donuts at 9874 Yamato Road is “Operating Without a Valid Food License.”
The permit, according to the State of Florida, expired.
In the comments section, the inspector lists that an official held a “Consultation visit with food establishment management (and that a) ‘Reducing Illness Handout’ (was) provided.”
STATEMENT FROM FRANCHISE:
I am the Operations Director for this franchise and I wanted to make you folks aware that we have rectified the issue with the license. Upon learning of this through the Health Inspector that visited the restaurant yesterday, we learned that the reason why the license was showing expired was due to a $100 late fee that was assessed after remitting the original $500 payment. Unfortunately, notification of this pending fee was not communicated to our main office where we handle payments and thus was left unpaid. As of now, we have remitted payment to the State and have been issued an updated license (attached). Per the health inspector, separate of the license date lapsing there were no issues found on during the visit.
Please update the article published as it has a negative connotation for the guests in our community.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT