BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health added another 124 deaths to the COVID-19 body count on Friday through 11:59 p.m. Health officials also added 12,180 cases of confirmed COVID-19 infections. The positivity rate for Friday’s reporting is 11.43-percent.
In Palm Beach County, 703 COVID-19 infections where added to the total as well as 8 deaths. On Friday, Palm Beach County health officials said reports of deaths being inappropriate attributed to COVID-19 are wrong. While acknowledging that human error may result in an occasional wrong box being checked, corrections are made over several days and the occasional error is statistically insignificant. From the start of the COVID-19 crisis, health officials have made clear that deaths routinely take two weeks to review, confirm and log.
The positivity rate in Palm Beach County for Friday’s report is 9.6-percent. Expect that number to be updated later in the day.
The Florida statewide infection count is now 414,511. The death count is 5,777.
In Palm Beach County, at least 29,707 people are confirmed positive for COVID-19. At least 752 have died.
These numbers are based on the DOH’s first report of the day. We update our numbers if there are significant variations.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE IAN: Moving Ashore, Schools Closed Thursday, Power Out
- HURRICANE IAN EYEWALL COMING ASHORE, EXPECT WEATHER TO DETERIORATE
- PALM BEACH COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS CLOSED THURSDAY
- POWER OUTAGES CONTINUE: Thousands Without Power In Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade
- HURRICANE IAN: PALM BEACH COUNTY CONDITIONS TO DETERIORATE
- TRAVEL: FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS MOUNT AS HURRICANE IAN APPROACHES
- HURRICANE IAN NEARLY CATEGORY FIVE
- KINGS POINT HIT BY POSSIBLE TORNADO, SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE
- REMINDER: ALL SCHOOLS CLOSED IN PALM BEACH COUNTY