BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Health added another 124 deaths to the COVID-19 body count on Friday through 11:59 p.m. Health officials also added 12,180 cases of confirmed COVID-19 infections. The positivity rate for Friday’s reporting is 11.43-percent.
In Palm Beach County, 703 COVID-19 infections where added to the total as well as 8 deaths. On Friday, Palm Beach County health officials said reports of deaths being inappropriate attributed to COVID-19 are wrong. While acknowledging that human error may result in an occasional wrong box being checked, corrections are made over several days and the occasional error is statistically insignificant. From the start of the COVID-19 crisis, health officials have made clear that deaths routinely take two weeks to review, confirm and log.
The positivity rate in Palm Beach County for Friday’s report is 9.6-percent. Expect that number to be updated later in the day.
The Florida statewide infection count is now 414,511. The death count is 5,777.
In Palm Beach County, at least 29,707 people are confirmed positive for COVID-19. At least 752 have died.
These numbers are based on the DOH’s first report of the day. We update our numbers if there are significant variations.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge