BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The disturbance that right now is an orange “x” in the National Hurricane Center graphic above is worth watching, according to NHC forecasters. It is almost certainly going to develop into a system this week.
Here is the early morning update from the National Hurricane Center:
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical Storm Hanna, located inland near the border of Texas and Mexico. A broad area of low pressure associated with a tropical wave is located about 1000 miles west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands.
This system is producing a wide area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms as it moves westward around 20 mph across the tropical Atlantic.
Environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive for development and a tropical depressions is likely to form within the next few days as the system nears the Lesser Antilles. Interests in the Lesser Antilles should monitor the progress of this system. *
Formation chance through 48 hours…medium…60 percent. Formation chance through 5 days…high…90 percent.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach
- South Palm Beach County Killer In Custody According To Police
- This Man Is A Predator, Police Say He’s In Boynton Beach
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Nephew’s Girlfriend With Broom, Jailed
- Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach 2024 Sping Graduation Dates Announced
- Another South Florida Resident Guilty For January 6th Insurrection At Capitol
- Boca Raton Teacher To Be “Un-Fired” As School Board Rescinds Termination
- We Know What A Woman Tried To Steal From Macy’s Boca Raton
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Problems Expected This Week In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton