BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The disturbance that right now is an orange “x” in the National Hurricane Center graphic above is worth watching, according to NHC forecasters. It is almost certainly going to develop into a system this week.
Here is the early morning update from the National Hurricane Center:
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical Storm Hanna, located inland near the border of Texas and Mexico. A broad area of low pressure associated with a tropical wave is located about 1000 miles west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands.
This system is producing a wide area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms as it moves westward around 20 mph across the tropical Atlantic.
Environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive for development and a tropical depressions is likely to form within the next few days as the system nears the Lesser Antilles. Interests in the Lesser Antilles should monitor the progress of this system. *
Formation chance through 48 hours…medium…60 percent. Formation chance through 5 days…high…90 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching