BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The disturbance that right now is an orange “x” in the National Hurricane Center graphic above is worth watching, according to NHC forecasters. It is almost certainly going to develop into a system this week.
Here is the early morning update from the National Hurricane Center:
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical Storm Hanna, located inland near the border of Texas and Mexico. A broad area of low pressure associated with a tropical wave is located about 1000 miles west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands.
This system is producing a wide area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms as it moves westward around 20 mph across the tropical Atlantic.
Environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive for development and a tropical depressions is likely to form within the next few days as the system nears the Lesser Antilles. Interests in the Lesser Antilles should monitor the progress of this system. *
Formation chance through 48 hours…medium…60 percent. Formation chance through 5 days…high…90 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton
- Man Who Claims To Be Worth $27M Again Refuses To Pay Dinner Check
- Lyndsey Kennedy, Found In Delray Drain In March, Now Jailed
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical