BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The State of Florida added 8,901 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday through 11:59 p.m. Another 76 deaths were added to the books. The increase in cases and deaths comes along side an increase in the statewide positivity rate — Sunday’s reporting brings it to 11.39 percent.
At least 432,747 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Florida. The death count is at least 5,931.
In Palm Beach County, 630 new COVID-19 infections were added on Sunday through 11:59 p.m. with 3 new deaths. The positivity rate decreased to 8.8 percent which is “highly suspect” according to multiple medical professionals reaching out to BocaNewsNow.com. It was 12.2 percent just four days ago.
There are now at least 30,958 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 758 deaths. In Palm Beach County, at least 6,142 cases involve those under the age of 24.
These numbers, as always, are based on the first DOH report of the day. We update if there are significant changes.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again