BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The State of Florida added 8,901 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday through 11:59 p.m. Another 76 deaths were added to the books. The increase in cases and deaths comes along side an increase in the statewide positivity rate — Sunday’s reporting brings it to 11.39 percent.
At least 432,747 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Florida. The death count is at least 5,931.
In Palm Beach County, 630 new COVID-19 infections were added on Sunday through 11:59 p.m. with 3 new deaths. The positivity rate decreased to 8.8 percent which is “highly suspect” according to multiple medical professionals reaching out to BocaNewsNow.com. It was 12.2 percent just four days ago.
There are now at least 30,958 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 758 deaths. In Palm Beach County, at least 6,142 cases involve those under the age of 24.
These numbers, as always, are based on the first DOH report of the day. We update if there are significant changes.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Jumps
- Boca’s Anthony Centolella Charged With Grand Theft, Escape
- TROPICAL STORM ZETA: Heavy Rains South Florida, Possible Gulf Coast Strike
- HOME DEPOT: Unmasked West Boca Worker, No Response From Corporate
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 28 Forms, Gulf Coast Track Again
- BAD: Florida Reports 4,433 New COVID-19 Infections
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Unmasked Teachers Could Slow Return To Classroom
- Prostitution Charge For Seven Bridges Delray Resident
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch