UDPATE: 7:20 p.m.: We thank Ronny Glassman for the great photo which was apparently sent out via NextDoor without her permission. We appreciate that she is letting us show what she saw while at Kings Point today.
UPDATE: 4:06 p.m.: Per PBSO, the suspect, a male, has been “contained.”
UPDATE: 4:00 p.m.: The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office tells BocaNewsNow.com that the call is NOT an active shooter, but someone who is in need of medical care as a result of emotional issues. The SWAT team is on the scene to ensure that person receives the help they need. It was not immediately clear what the suspect did that led to the SWAT response.
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BREAKING 3:50 p.m. — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office SWAT Team is reportedly on the scene at King’s Point this hour for reports of an “active shooter.” We have NOT confirmed the true nature of the call at this point, but multiple reports in to BocaNewsNow.com say that police are ordering everyone to stay IN their condos.
We are publishing this preliminary information in the interest of public safety. BocaNewsNow.com will update immediately with the latest information.
While social media posts are calling the situation an “active shooter,” we stress that this has not been confirmed by PBSO as of 3:54 p.m.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL WAVES EAST OF FLORIDA GROWING, HURRICANE CENTER WATCHING CLOSELY
- STUNNING FORM TO BE APPROVED BY PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- ROTELLI BOCA RATON: “MOLD-LIKE SUBSTANCE” LEADS TO WARNING
- Complete Update On Hurricane Ian Recovery Efforts In Florida
- IS NEW TROPICAL WAVE FOLLOWING HURRICANE IAN’S PATH?
- I-75 Now Open, But FHP Warns Of Other Road Closures Due To Hurricane Ian
- Delray Beach Man Arrested For Boating Under The Influence
- NEW TROPICAL SYSTEM: 70 Percent Chance New Wave Becomes Depression East Of Florida
- I-75 COMPLETELY CLOSED DUE TO HURRICANE IAN