BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The availability of ICU beds in Palm Beach County is slightly better than it was on Friday when the number was teetering on 25 percent — the invisible line between what health and hospital officials call “acceptable” and “bad.” As Monday night gets underway, adult ICU availability in Palm Beach County is hovering at 29 percent.
As of Monday night at 7:31 p.m., only West Boca Medical Center is at full ICU capacity. The hospital shows all 17 ICU beds are in use. One of West Boca’s 4 pediatric ICU beds is also in use.
Wellington Hospital is reporting 30 Adult ICU beds in use with 4 available.
Bethesda West is reporting 6 adult ICU beds in use with 4 available.
Delray Medical Center reports 41 adult ICU beds in use with 13 available.
Boca Raton Regional Medical Center reports 25 adult ICU beds in use with 16 available.
Bethesda East reports 24 adult ICU beds in use with 15 available.
A total of 619 hospitalized patients in Palm Beach County have a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19,” according to health officials. The Agency for Healthcare Administration does not break out COVID-19 patients in the ICU.
Palm Beach County is actually doing better than Florida as a whole. Statewide, just 18.59 percent of all ICU beds are available, according to Florida’s Agency for Healthcare Administration.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON