BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Anything can happen and often does, but the exceptionally early track of the storm developing in the Atlantic is a reminder why now is the time to develop your hurricane plan.
The storm is still a day or two from even earning a name, but the track — which may or may not have any resemblance of reality a few days from now — suggests that this storm is one to watch.
Here is the 2 p.m. update from the National Hurricane Center:
Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 200 PM EDT Mon Jul 27 2020 For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico: 1. Shower activity associated with a broad area of low pressure located about 1000 miles east of the Windward Islands has changed little in organization since this morning.
Environmental conditions are expected to become somewhat more favorable for development during the next few days and a tropical depression or tropical storm is likely to form during that time frame. The system is forecast to move westward to west-northwestward at 15 to 20 mph and it could bring heavy rain to portions of the Leeward Islands by late Wednesday, regardless of development.
Interests in the Lesser Antilles should continue to monitor the progress of this system. *
Formation chance through 48 hours…high…70 percent.
Formation chance through 5 days…high…80 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Maskless Woman Arrested In Boca Raton Einstein Bagel
- FLORIDA NATIONAL GUARD ACTIVATED
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths, Infections Still Surging
- Feds Charge Florida Man For Inciting Violence At Capitol
- Boca Raton Physician Jailed On DUI Charge
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children