BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County ICU census as of 6:46 a.m. Wednesday shows a growing problem again in the region. Health officials say anything less than 25 percent ICU availability is concerning— Palm Beach County is hovering at 25.47 percent.
While some hospitals are showing significant ICU availability, others — including West Boca Medical Center — have no availability at all.
From the Agency for Healthcare Administration:
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 17 Adult ICU beds in use, none available. (1 pediatric ICU in use, 4 available).
BETHESDA WEST: 7 Adult ICU beds in use, 3 available. (No pediatric ICU beds in use, 3 available).
WELLINGTON: 30 Adult ICU beds in use, 4 available.
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 42 Adult ICU beds in use, 12 available.
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 23 Adult ICU beds in use, 18 available.
BETHESDA EAST: 25 Adult ICU beds in use, 14 available.
While the State of Florida is not reporting how many ICU patients are in the ICU for COVID-19 related issues, it is reporting total COVID-19 hospitalizations. There are currently 601 people hospitalized in Palm Beach County for the “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
Of all hospital beds in Palm Beach County, 28.92 percent are currently available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens