BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County ICU census as of 6:46 a.m. Wednesday shows a growing problem again in the region. Health officials say anything less than 25 percent ICU availability is concerning— Palm Beach County is hovering at 25.47 percent.
While some hospitals are showing significant ICU availability, others — including West Boca Medical Center — have no availability at all.
From the Agency for Healthcare Administration:
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 17 Adult ICU beds in use, none available. (1 pediatric ICU in use, 4 available).
BETHESDA WEST: 7 Adult ICU beds in use, 3 available. (No pediatric ICU beds in use, 3 available).
WELLINGTON: 30 Adult ICU beds in use, 4 available.
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 42 Adult ICU beds in use, 12 available.
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 23 Adult ICU beds in use, 18 available.
BETHESDA EAST: 25 Adult ICU beds in use, 14 available.
While the State of Florida is not reporting how many ICU patients are in the ICU for COVID-19 related issues, it is reporting total COVID-19 hospitalizations. There are currently 601 people hospitalized in Palm Beach County for the “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
Of all hospital beds in Palm Beach County, 28.92 percent are currently available.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart
- That Really Was A Body By The Turnpike South Of Boca Raton