BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County ICU census as of 6:46 a.m. Wednesday shows a growing problem again in the region. Health officials say anything less than 25 percent ICU availability is concerning— Palm Beach County is hovering at 25.47 percent.
While some hospitals are showing significant ICU availability, others — including West Boca Medical Center — have no availability at all.
From the Agency for Healthcare Administration:
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 17 Adult ICU beds in use, none available. (1 pediatric ICU in use, 4 available).
BETHESDA WEST: 7 Adult ICU beds in use, 3 available. (No pediatric ICU beds in use, 3 available).
WELLINGTON: 30 Adult ICU beds in use, 4 available.
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 42 Adult ICU beds in use, 12 available.
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 23 Adult ICU beds in use, 18 available.
BETHESDA EAST: 25 Adult ICU beds in use, 14 available.
While the State of Florida is not reporting how many ICU patients are in the ICU for COVID-19 related issues, it is reporting total COVID-19 hospitalizations. There are currently 601 people hospitalized in Palm Beach County for the “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
Of all hospital beds in Palm Beach County, 28.92 percent are currently available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again