BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County ICU census as of 6:46 a.m. Wednesday shows a growing problem again in the region. Health officials say anything less than 25 percent ICU availability is concerning— Palm Beach County is hovering at 25.47 percent.
While some hospitals are showing significant ICU availability, others — including West Boca Medical Center — have no availability at all.
From the Agency for Healthcare Administration:
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 17 Adult ICU beds in use, none available. (1 pediatric ICU in use, 4 available).
BETHESDA WEST: 7 Adult ICU beds in use, 3 available. (No pediatric ICU beds in use, 3 available).
WELLINGTON: 30 Adult ICU beds in use, 4 available.
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 42 Adult ICU beds in use, 12 available.
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 23 Adult ICU beds in use, 18 available.
BETHESDA EAST: 25 Adult ICU beds in use, 14 available.
While the State of Florida is not reporting how many ICU patients are in the ICU for COVID-19 related issues, it is reporting total COVID-19 hospitalizations. There are currently 601 people hospitalized in Palm Beach County for the “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
Of all hospital beds in Palm Beach County, 28.92 percent are currently available.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Woman Allegedly Pours Milk On Man, He Calls Cops, Ends Up In Jail
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low
- P.F. Chang’s In Boca Raton Cited Again By Health Inspector, Twice In Days
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT: Parking Situation So Bad, Drivers Told To Use Ride Share
- ARMED ROBBERY ON YAMATO ROAD IN BOCA RATON
- POLICE REMIND: If Fireworks Banned In Your HOA, They Are Still Banned On July 4th
- Palm Beach County Woman To Federal Prison For Sober Home Scheme
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Disturbances Still Being Watched, Florida Okay For Now