BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The deaths just keep coming in Florida. Another 257 COVID-19 deaths were recorded by the Florida Department of Health on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. At least 8,983 new COVID-19 cases were logged statewide. The positivity rate for Thursday’s reporting is 10.57-percent.
In Palm Beach County another 9 deaths were added Thursday with 573 new COVID-19 cases. The state is reporting the positivity rate as 9.5 percent, but Palm Beach County itself is reporting a positivity rate of 12.91 percent. It raises the question as to whether the State of Florida is suppressing the true positivity rate in Palm Beach County.
In Palm Beach County, at least 32,284 COVID-19 cases have been logged with 815 deaths. Statewide, 470,386 COVID-19 cases are now on the books with 6,843 deaths.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEATHTOBER FLORIDA: State, Palm Beach County COVID Deaths, Infections Climbing Again
- UPDATE: Parents MUST Choose Distance or In-Person Within Days For PBC Schools
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Heavy Rain For Days, Flood Watch Through Sunday
- TRAFFIC: Palm Beach County Projects Slow The Go, See Them All Here
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom