BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The deaths just keep coming in Florida. Another 257 COVID-19 deaths were recorded by the Florida Department of Health on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. At least 8,983 new COVID-19 cases were logged statewide. The positivity rate for Thursday’s reporting is 10.57-percent.
In Palm Beach County another 9 deaths were added Thursday with 573 new COVID-19 cases. The state is reporting the positivity rate as 9.5 percent, but Palm Beach County itself is reporting a positivity rate of 12.91 percent. It raises the question as to whether the State of Florida is suppressing the true positivity rate in Palm Beach County.
In Palm Beach County, at least 32,284 COVID-19 cases have been logged with 815 deaths. Statewide, 470,386 COVID-19 cases are now on the books with 6,843 deaths.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- South Florida Renters Need More Than $100K Salary Says New FAU Report
- Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Now Watched West, East Of Florida
- Crash Completely Closes I-95 Southbound At Hillsboro Blvd.
- Former Seven Bridges Delray Beach Bartender Arrested Twice In One Week
- DELAYS: I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Several Detours Set For Delray, Boyton, Boca Raton
- Tropical Depression Forms East Of Florida As Another System Starts To Develop
- Delray Beach Man Charged With DUI Minutes After Leaving Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting
- HURRICANE CENTER: Depression Forming East Of Florida As Ophelia Moves Up Coast