BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The deaths just keep coming in Florida. Another 257 COVID-19 deaths were recorded by the Florida Department of Health on Thursday through 11:59 p.m. At least 8,983 new COVID-19 cases were logged statewide. The positivity rate for Thursday’s reporting is 10.57-percent.
In Palm Beach County another 9 deaths were added Thursday with 573 new COVID-19 cases. The state is reporting the positivity rate as 9.5 percent, but Palm Beach County itself is reporting a positivity rate of 12.91 percent. It raises the question as to whether the State of Florida is suppressing the true positivity rate in Palm Beach County.
In Palm Beach County, at least 32,284 COVID-19 cases have been logged with 815 deaths. Statewide, 470,386 COVID-19 cases are now on the books with 6,843 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens