BEACHES CLOSED SATURDAY, POSSIBLY SUNDAY.
“THIS IS NOT THE TIME FOR HURRICANE PARTIES”
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a late Friday afternoon news conference, Palm Beach County Commissioner Dave Kerner — serving as Mayor — stated this is the first time in Palm Beach County’s history that two “state of emergency” declarations have been in effect at the same time.
Officials stressed that due to COVID-19, staying at home is the safest place to be — not shelters. Residents living in mobile homes and other unsafe structures are being encouraged to find family members in safe structures.
Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said that everyone needs to be calm.
“Take a deep breath. This is not a category 5 hurricane. If you waited for the last minute to do this, you’re not that bright.” — Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw
“Take a deep breath. This is not a category 5 hurricane. If you waited for the last minute to do this, you’re not that bright.”
“We have made the decision to close all county parks and beaches on Saturday,” said County Administrator Verdenia Baker. “If we’re lucky, we’ll be able to reopen them on Sunday. All Palm Beach County libraries will close on Saturday.”
Baker added that “hurricane parties” must NOT happen.
“We must continue to mask, practice social distancing.”
“I hope you listened close to what the county administrator said,” added Sheriff Bradshaw. “Don’t make us spend our time coming to parties.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ARREST: Asked To Stop Cursing In Publix, Man Allegedly Threatens Victim With Belt
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Rents Car On Turo To Drug Addict, Car Destroyed…
- Huge Gift Will Lead To Therapy Center For Jewish Family Services
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Troubled Restaurant To Reopen Tonight For Fourth Time
- SIRENS: Apartment Fire In Delray Beach, Drunk In Publix, Bleeding In Costco
- REMINDER: Delray Beach Lights 100FT Christmas Tree Tonight
- CLAIM: Remote Proctor Forces Local Woman To Urinate On Camera During Final Exam
- Crash, “Droopy Eyelids,” Then DUI Arrest For Boca Raton Woman
- SIRENS: Poisoned In Polo Club, Dead In Boca Pointe, Traumatic Injury In Boca West,