BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County and state health officials have made it clear: anything under 25 percent ICU bed availability is a problem. That problem lurks. As of 10:12 Friday morning, Palm Beach County ICU availability is just 25.36 percent.
While some hospitals are showing significant availability, others are not. The numbers — from the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration — are accurate as of the time of publishing. For those who will complain that the state isn’t specifying whether ICU beds are being used by COVID-19 patients or not, we point out that it’s irrelevant: if you need a bed and one doesn’t exist, it really doesn’t matter who is occupying it and why.
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 15 Adult ICU beds in use, 1 available. (6.25-percent availability).
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 47 Adult ICU beds in use, 10 available. (17.54-percent availability).
WELLINGTON HOSPITAL: 32 Adult ICU beds in use, 2 available. (5.88–percent availability).
BETHESDA WEST: 7 Adult ICU beds in use, 3 available (30-percent availability).
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 23 Adult ICU beds in use, 18 available. (43.90-percent availability).
BETHESDA EAST: 20 Adult ICU beds in use, 19 available. (48.72-percent availability).
Again, countywide — including hospitals that we are not listing as they are in other parts of the Palm Beach County region — the adult ICU availability is 25.36 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON
- BREAKING: TWO DEAD IN FIREY CRASH ON I-95, ROAD CLOSED
- Tri-Rail Train Hits, Kills Pedestrian Late Wednesday Morning In South Florida