BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County and state health officials have made it clear: anything under 25 percent ICU bed availability is a problem. That problem lurks. As of 10:12 Friday morning, Palm Beach County ICU availability is just 25.36 percent.
While some hospitals are showing significant availability, others are not. The numbers — from the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration — are accurate as of the time of publishing. For those who will complain that the state isn’t specifying whether ICU beds are being used by COVID-19 patients or not, we point out that it’s irrelevant: if you need a bed and one doesn’t exist, it really doesn’t matter who is occupying it and why.
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 15 Adult ICU beds in use, 1 available. (6.25-percent availability).
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 47 Adult ICU beds in use, 10 available. (17.54-percent availability).
WELLINGTON HOSPITAL: 32 Adult ICU beds in use, 2 available. (5.88–percent availability).
BETHESDA WEST: 7 Adult ICU beds in use, 3 available (30-percent availability).
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 23 Adult ICU beds in use, 18 available. (43.90-percent availability).
BETHESDA EAST: 20 Adult ICU beds in use, 19 available. (48.72-percent availability).
Again, countywide — including hospitals that we are not listing as they are in other parts of the Palm Beach County region — the adult ICU availability is 25.36 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Throws Vodka Bottle At Cop
- MAJOR GLADES ROAD CLOSURE COMING IN BOCA RATON
- South Florida Looking Okay As Tropical Depression Forms, Tropical Wave Grows
- American Heritage Named Top Private School By National Ranking Organization
- Bedner’s Farm In Boynton Beach Sued Over Petting Zoo Incident
- Man Threatens To Stab Mother In Delray Beach, Cops Shoot Both
- TWO TROPICAL WAVES EXPECTED TO BECOME DEPRESSIONS WITHIN DAYS
- WE’RE CONFUSED: Lee County Opposed Mask Mandates, But Angry Over No Evacuation Order?
- POLICE INVESTIGATE DRIVE-BY GEL GUN ATTACK IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH