BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County and state health officials have made it clear: anything under 25 percent ICU bed availability is a problem. That problem lurks. As of 10:12 Friday morning, Palm Beach County ICU availability is just 25.36 percent.
While some hospitals are showing significant availability, others are not. The numbers — from the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration — are accurate as of the time of publishing. For those who will complain that the state isn’t specifying whether ICU beds are being used by COVID-19 patients or not, we point out that it’s irrelevant: if you need a bed and one doesn’t exist, it really doesn’t matter who is occupying it and why.
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 15 Adult ICU beds in use, 1 available. (6.25-percent availability).
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 47 Adult ICU beds in use, 10 available. (17.54-percent availability).
WELLINGTON HOSPITAL: 32 Adult ICU beds in use, 2 available. (5.88–percent availability).
BETHESDA WEST: 7 Adult ICU beds in use, 3 available (30-percent availability).
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 23 Adult ICU beds in use, 18 available. (43.90-percent availability).
BETHESDA EAST: 20 Adult ICU beds in use, 19 available. (48.72-percent availability).
Again, countywide — including hospitals that we are not listing as they are in other parts of the Palm Beach County region — the adult ICU availability is 25.36 percent.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER SERVICE: Nor’easter To Pound North East, Rain To Dampen South Florida
- Boca Raton’s Robert Hevert Jailed On Felony Charge
- Here’s What It’s Like To Travel To Hawaii, And Why It Makes Florida Look So Bad
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant