BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County and state health officials have made it clear: anything under 25 percent ICU bed availability is a problem. That problem lurks. As of 10:12 Friday morning, Palm Beach County ICU availability is just 25.36 percent.
While some hospitals are showing significant availability, others are not. The numbers — from the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration — are accurate as of the time of publishing. For those who will complain that the state isn’t specifying whether ICU beds are being used by COVID-19 patients or not, we point out that it’s irrelevant: if you need a bed and one doesn’t exist, it really doesn’t matter who is occupying it and why.
WEST BOCA MEDICAL CENTER: 15 Adult ICU beds in use, 1 available. (6.25-percent availability).
DELRAY MEDICAL CENTER: 47 Adult ICU beds in use, 10 available. (17.54-percent availability).
WELLINGTON HOSPITAL: 32 Adult ICU beds in use, 2 available. (5.88–percent availability).
BETHESDA WEST: 7 Adult ICU beds in use, 3 available (30-percent availability).
BOCA RATON REGIONAL: 23 Adult ICU beds in use, 18 available. (43.90-percent availability).
BETHESDA EAST: 20 Adult ICU beds in use, 19 available. (48.72-percent availability).
Again, countywide — including hospitals that we are not listing as they are in other parts of the Palm Beach County region — the adult ICU availability is 25.36 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Police: Man Slams Car Into Pedestrian, Drags Him To Death
- FLORIDA COVID: Big Jump In New Infections, But It’s Not All Bad News
- Will COVID Shot Be Mandatory For Palm Beach County School Students?
- Strangulation Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Man
- University of Miami Fined $22M For False Billing
- Masks Not On Next Palm Beach County School Board Agenda
- CLAIM: Boca Raton Investment Firm Defrauded Seniors, Took 4.2M In PPP Funds
- POLO CLUB BOCA: Palm Beach County Alleges Building Permit Fraud
- POLICE: Woman Sold Cocaine Near Delray Beach School