BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida COVID-19 death count increased by 179 on Friday through 11:59 p.m., according to the Florida Dept. of Health. The infection count increased by 9,658. The positivity rate for Florida on Friday is 11.08 percent. Note that several testing locations closed as early as Thursday due to Hurricane Isaias. Expect numbers to be somewhat atypical for the next few days.
Note that several testing locations closed as early as Thursday due to Hurricane Isaias. Expect numbers to be somewhat atypical for the next few days.
In Palm Beach County, another 18 deaths were added to the COVID-19 books on Friday through 11:59 p.m. 581 infections were added. The positivity rate for Palm Beach County for Friday’s reporting is 12.96 percent. We note that number comes directly from the Palm Beach County Operations Center as it appears the number released from Florida DOH for Palm Beach County is being altered. (The State of Florida says it’s 8.8-percent). Simply put: Florida’s version of the positivity rate for Palm Beach County has been dramatically lower than the number released by Palm Beach County starting at roughly the time the Palm Beach County School Board voted to start the school year with distance learning.
Statewide, there are now 480,028 COVID-19 infections with 7,022 deaths. In Palm Beach County, at leas 33,854 are infected with 833 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud