BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida COVID-19 death count increased by 179 on Friday through 11:59 p.m., according to the Florida Dept. of Health. The infection count increased by 9,658. The positivity rate for Florida on Friday is 11.08 percent. Note that several testing locations closed as early as Thursday due to Hurricane Isaias. Expect numbers to be somewhat atypical for the next few days.
Note that several testing locations closed as early as Thursday due to Hurricane Isaias. Expect numbers to be somewhat atypical for the next few days.
In Palm Beach County, another 18 deaths were added to the COVID-19 books on Friday through 11:59 p.m. 581 infections were added. The positivity rate for Palm Beach County for Friday’s reporting is 12.96 percent. We note that number comes directly from the Palm Beach County Operations Center as it appears the number released from Florida DOH for Palm Beach County is being altered. (The State of Florida says it’s 8.8-percent). Simply put: Florida’s version of the positivity rate for Palm Beach County has been dramatically lower than the number released by Palm Beach County starting at roughly the time the Palm Beach County School Board voted to start the school year with distance learning.
Statewide, there are now 480,028 COVID-19 infections with 7,022 deaths. In Palm Beach County, at leas 33,854 are infected with 833 deaths.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County: Don’t Mail Your Ballot, Hand Deliver
- Hurricane Center: Another Tropical System Forming
- Palm Beach Students Not Distancing Says School Board Member
- FEDS: Man Used University of Florida Students In Massive Fraud
- FAU Presents Virtual Dance Concert
- COVID: Palm Beach County ER Visits Increasing
- Palm Beach County Voting: Nearly Half Of Eligible Voters Have Already Voted
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis