BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida COVID-19 death count increased by 179 on Friday through 11:59 p.m., according to the Florida Dept. of Health. The infection count increased by 9,658. The positivity rate for Florida on Friday is 11.08 percent. Note that several testing locations closed as early as Thursday due to Hurricane Isaias. Expect numbers to be somewhat atypical for the next few days.
Note that several testing locations closed as early as Thursday due to Hurricane Isaias. Expect numbers to be somewhat atypical for the next few days.
In Palm Beach County, another 18 deaths were added to the COVID-19 books on Friday through 11:59 p.m. 581 infections were added. The positivity rate for Palm Beach County for Friday’s reporting is 12.96 percent. We note that number comes directly from the Palm Beach County Operations Center as it appears the number released from Florida DOH for Palm Beach County is being altered. (The State of Florida says it’s 8.8-percent). Simply put: Florida’s version of the positivity rate for Palm Beach County has been dramatically lower than the number released by Palm Beach County starting at roughly the time the Palm Beach County School Board voted to start the school year with distance learning.
Statewide, there are now 480,028 COVID-19 infections with 7,022 deaths. In Palm Beach County, at leas 33,854 are infected with 833 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog