BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County Advisory Verbatim) — A voluntary evacuation has been issued for Zone A. Those who reside in mobile homes or homes unable to withstand heavy winds are encouraged to seek shelter with family or friends who reside in a more sturdy structure. Four general population shelters, a special needs shelter, and pet-friendly shelter are open to accommodate residents who have no other sheltering option. As of 4:00 p.m. Saturday, there were 150 people checked into the shelters. Everyone must be screened before entering. Anyone with a fever will be isolated from other guests.
· Lake Shore Middle School: 425 W Canal St. N, Belle Glade
· Palm Beach Gardens High School: 4245 Holly Dr., Palm Beach Gardens
· Palm Beach Central High School: 8499 Forest Hill Blvd., Wellington
· Park Vista High School: 7900 Jog Rd., Lake Worth
· Animals only shelter – West Boynton Recreation Center: 6000 Northtree Blvd., Lake Worth
If you go to a shelter, make sure to bring a three-day supply of water per person, special-diet foods, at least two changes of comfortable clothing, prescription and emergency medications, bedding materials,
facial coverings, hygiene items, important documents, medical records, and special items for family members who are elderly and disabled.
Residents are urged to remain home after the storm passes as Emergency Response Crews will be out on the roads to survey any damage. FPL anticipates a large portion of the service area will lose power and crews are prepared to speed up the restoration process.
The Emergency Information Center (EIC) continues operating at 24-hour full activation. The center has handled approximately 300 calls from the public regarding special needs sheltering, evacuation zones and shelter locations. The EIC can be reached at 561-712-6400.
Download the evacuation zone map, below.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record
- Florida Withholding COVID-19 Infection, Death Report For Wednesday