BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Palm Beach County Advisory Verbatim) — A voluntary evacuation has been issued for Zone A. Those who reside in mobile homes or homes unable to withstand heavy winds are encouraged to seek shelter with family or friends who reside in a more sturdy structure. Four general population shelters, a special needs shelter, and pet-friendly shelter are open to accommodate residents who have no other sheltering option. As of 4:00 p.m. Saturday, there were 150 people checked into the shelters. Everyone must be screened before entering. Anyone with a fever will be isolated from other guests.
· Lake Shore Middle School: 425 W Canal St. N, Belle Glade
· Palm Beach Gardens High School: 4245 Holly Dr., Palm Beach Gardens
· Palm Beach Central High School: 8499 Forest Hill Blvd., Wellington
· Park Vista High School: 7900 Jog Rd., Lake Worth
· Animals only shelter – West Boynton Recreation Center: 6000 Northtree Blvd., Lake Worth
If you go to a shelter, make sure to bring a three-day supply of water per person, special-diet foods, at least two changes of comfortable clothing, prescription and emergency medications, bedding materials,
facial coverings, hygiene items, important documents, medical records, and special items for family members who are elderly and disabled.
Residents are urged to remain home after the storm passes as Emergency Response Crews will be out on the roads to survey any damage. FPL anticipates a large portion of the service area will lose power and crews are prepared to speed up the restoration process.
The Emergency Information Center (EIC) continues operating at 24-hour full activation. The center has handled approximately 300 calls from the public regarding special needs sheltering, evacuation zones and shelter locations. The EIC can be reached at 561-712-6400.
Download the evacuation zone map, below.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY
- HURRICANE IAN: Schools Open But Heavy Rain, Strong Rain Expected In South Florida
- DEAD IN VALENCIA FALLS: Woman Drives Into Garage, Backs Into House, Utility Pole
- Loggers’ Run Boca Raton Forecloses On Homeowner Over $777
- CAR THEFTS: POLICE FRUSTRATED WITH SEVEN BRIDGES, LOTUS BOARDS
- HURRICANE IAN MAY PACK 130 MPH WINDS AS IT APPROACHES FLORIDA
- IAN: PALM BEACH COUNTY WARNS OF HEAVY RAIN, TORNADOES
- REMINDER: All Schools Closed In Palm Beach County Monday
- IAN TRACK SHIFTS, BUT SOUTH FLORIDA TOLD UNCERTAINTY HIGH