FLORIDA OFFICIALS SEEMINGLY SUPPRESSING PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE. NUMBER VARIES WILDLY FROM COUNTY’S OWN REPORT.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 body count in Florida continues to rise, as Florida logged 62 deaths through 11:59 p.m. Saturday, according to the Florida Department of Health. Florida also recorded 7,160 new infections. The positivity rate for Saturday is 9.28 percent. Note: testing and reporting numbers are impacted due to hurricane closures.
In Palm Beach County, no deaths were logged Saturday through 11:59 p.m. with 376 new COVID-19 infections. Again, we stress that testing and reporting is skewed due to hurricane closures. There were 18 deaths reported a day earlier. We continue to report two positivity rates for Palm Beach County: one from the State of Florida and another from the Palm Beach County Operations Center. The “State of Florida” number dramatically decreased as the Palm Beach County School Board announced “distance learning only” for the start of the school year. The Palm Beach County Operations Center number has been consistent. For Saturday, the “State of Florida” positivity rate for Palm Beach County is a seemingly unbelievable 8.2 percent. The Palm Beach County Operations Center version of that number is 12.98 percent.
There are now 34,226 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 833 deaths. Statewide, there are 487,132 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 7,084 deaths.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart
- That Really Was A Body By The Turnpike South Of Boca Raton