FLORIDA OFFICIALS SEEMINGLY SUPPRESSING PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE. NUMBER VARIES WILDLY FROM COUNTY’S OWN REPORT.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 body count in Florida continues to rise, as Florida logged 62 deaths through 11:59 p.m. Saturday, according to the Florida Department of Health. Florida also recorded 7,160 new infections. The positivity rate for Saturday is 9.28 percent. Note: testing and reporting numbers are impacted due to hurricane closures.
In Palm Beach County, no deaths were logged Saturday through 11:59 p.m. with 376 new COVID-19 infections. Again, we stress that testing and reporting is skewed due to hurricane closures. There were 18 deaths reported a day earlier. We continue to report two positivity rates for Palm Beach County: one from the State of Florida and another from the Palm Beach County Operations Center. The “State of Florida” number dramatically decreased as the Palm Beach County School Board announced “distance learning only” for the start of the school year. The Palm Beach County Operations Center number has been consistent. For Saturday, the “State of Florida” positivity rate for Palm Beach County is a seemingly unbelievable 8.2 percent. The Palm Beach County Operations Center version of that number is 12.98 percent.
There are now 34,226 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County with 833 deaths. Statewide, there are 487,132 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 7,084 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens