FLORIDA LOGS ANOTHER 245 DEATHS, WILL PASS 500,000 INFECTIONS TODAY
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Time to remove the rose colored sunglasses in Florida. The two days of decline — perfectly in sync with reduced testing due to Hurricane Isaias — are over. Florida recored 245 COVID-19 deaths on Monday through 11:59 p.m. with 5,417 new COVID-19 infections. The positivity rate shot up over 10 percent to 10.88.
In Palm Beach County, 16 new deaths were added on Monday through 11:59 with 318 new cases. The positivity rate in Palm Beach County held at 9.8 percent — a 7 day high. While that positivity rate is reported by the State of Florida, Palm Beach County itself is reporting a positivity rate of 13.01 percent.
In total: there are at least 34,929 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida with 861 deaths. In all of Florida, there are 497,330 confirmed COVID-19 cases with 7,402 deaths. Florida will cross the 500,000 mark later today.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Enhanced DUI
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail